Hill training in Centurion

The other option is to cycle to Harties. There is a roughish hill just as you get to the dam. Then there is the long climb all the way back to Pretoria. It's a 100km round trip from Botha avenue and there is some good long hill training on the way back. Think of it is a 40km uphill. The problem is that it has become an unsafe route. Cycling in the Cradle is the next best. Personally I use the indoor trainer and hill repeats near home for my regular training.

Whereabouts in Centurion are you? Can maybe advise some hills for hill repeats.

The other option is to cycle to Harties. There is a roughish hill just as you get to the dam. Then there is the long climb all the way back to Pretoria. It's a 100km round trip from Botha avenue and there is some good long hill training on the way back. Think of it is a 40km uphill. The problem is that it has become an unsafe route. Cycling in the Cradle is the next best. Personally I use the indoor trainer and hill repeats near home for my regular training.

Whereabouts in Centurion are you? Can maybe advise some hills for hill repeats.

I stay in Hennopspark, very close to the primary school...

Edited by DisNetEk

The red lap is the usual lap raound Klapperkop with the green part being Klapperkop itself.

The yellow route is through the neighbourhood and is quite hille at that! :thumbup: :thumbup:

post-25-0-36031300-1317046801.jpg

The red lap is the usual lap raound Klapperkop with the green part being Klapperkop itself.

The yellow route is through the neighbourhood and is quite hille at that! :thumbup: :thumbup:

What's the distance of the red lap?

The whole of Waterkloof Ridge (of which Klapperkop is on the point)has lots of pretty steep climbs as well. You can string them together and get some seriously good hill training in

Yeah, but you have to make a route that suits you. Rigel is far to busy and narrow in my opinion.

Where will that be?

On the other side of Klapperkop. Thus not turning right at the Groenkloof circle to the R21 but going straight on over the circle until it crosses with Queen Wilhelmina. Turn right to go up.