Boxxer Team or Race

Diepseun

I bought a 2010 Boxxer recently and would like to know how does one distinguish between the team and race. The guy told me its a team but I'm not certain.

please dont tell me to open up the fork :thumbdown:

Guest Omega Man

The Race is generally black and the Team is generally white. This is not definitive.

The Race only has Compression and Rebound on the right fork leg. (2Knobs) while the team has High and Low speed compression and rebound. (4 Knobs). The team also has a bottom out adjuster on the top of the left fork leg. Check out the attached tech manual. The manual will also help you when it comes to setting the fork up.

Cos there's lots of knobs to confuse you on the 2010 team.

http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/rockshox/dealers/boxxer_team_en_b.pdf

Edited by Omega Man

thanx O-M

I wondered because mine is black. I've got al the knobs so I recon it is a team then.

cant wait to slap it on the bike as soon as the bike is done with the paint job.

Colour means JACK ...

As omega man put it ... the race will only have a single rebound adjuster on the lower leg and a simgle compression adjustment on the top of the stansion.

The team has beginning and ending stroke rebound adjustment (2 knobs at the bottom - a silver and a red one) and high and low speed compression (2 knobs at the top).... if you have this you have the team!

What about the world cup version. What extra knobs have they got? My marzocchi forks have no knobs. Only way to adjust them is to open up and fiddle with oil viscosity etc. . .

Guest Omega Man

What about the world cup version. What extra knobs have they got? My marzocchi forks have no knobs. Only way to adjust them is to open up and fiddle with oil viscosity etc. . .

The WC has a shraeder valve on the top of the left fork leg for a shock pump. It has an air spring.

Edited by Omega Man