Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

But the I guess many of us were hooked on Creoles.

Bastard. Now I have a craving.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even trough the smell ?

Which I think , Woolies have brought something out very similar. They are almost the same apparently. I can find out exactly tonight if you want to try them out, just don't have facebook to ask right now.

Remeber what that first taste of beer or spirits was like, yet you still went back for more.

Edited by Caerus

Remeber what that first taste of beer

Remember?

Make what commentary you will on what it says about us as a society, but most of us in souf effrika were like 5 when that happened.

I for one can't remember...

Remember?

Make what commentary you will on what it says about us as a society, but most of us in souf effrika were like 5 when that happened.

I for one can't remember...

I can, it tasted vile. Yet many moons & beers later, it now tastes like nectar.

Even trough the smell ?

Creoles! Now there is something I'll swop my addiction for. Man I miss that stuff!

My chosen day for quitting is Saturday 7 April. 16hr flight to Kongdongshong should be a nice kickstart.

Must admit, I find it very difficult to smoke whilst cycling, its like drinking and driving, much easier to smoke before or after you cycle, also if you smoke whilst smoking it might be like sex, if you smoke during sex it just means your going to fast :clap:

Fair enough, I can understand that, but surely it can't be like a packet of chips, once you have one chip it tastes good and you have another ?

Thats exactly what its like. I loved my very first smoke ( also 15). Stopped at 31. Didnt smoke for 8 years. Now I have 1 or 2 a week. Normally around a braai on Saturday night. Been like this for 2 or 3 yeasrs now. This works for me.

Edited by facmp

Dischem charged me R545 for the Starter Pack (not a Cell C one) and the 2nd months supply. But yes, Discovery paid in full.

Ive tried Cold Turkey, Allen Carr, Nicorette etc.... this is the solution, I'm sure of it.

I just checked with Dischem tonight, the starter pack is R220, and the next pack is also R220. I also checked with Clicks and they are also R220 for a starter pack. I need to get a prescription for it tomorrow, as they won't sell over the counter, its a Schedule 4 drug.

I just checked with Dischem tonight, the starter pack is R220, and the next pack is also R220. I also checked with Clicks and they are also R220 for a starter pack. I need to get a prescription for it tomorrow, as they won't sell over the counter, its a Schedule 4 drug.

Sounds right. Good luck, best decision ever.

Out of interest were you doing any sport/cycling over those 8 months?

Yea I am pretty active. My lungs hurt for the first bit but then they get over it and work. I also dont know why I started was just rebelling I guess. Any way looking forward to tomorow.

Yea I am pretty active. My lungs hurt for the first bit but then they get over it and work. I also dont know why I started was just rebelling I guess. Any way looking forward to tomorow.

Looking forward to the new car or to quitting? ;)

Someone told me that if you look at the timeline of quitting smoking ( someone post it earlier in this thread) that your body is rid of all nicotine in 72 hours. After that your body does not crave for nicotine any more. Which means that you actually only stop smoking for the first 3 days. After that it is a habit that you need to break. It is you hands that is bored and if you keep your hands busy ( and your mind) it will be easier.

Whether it is true I don't know but it work for me. The 23rd of April will be two years.

Edited by Mads

I stopped smoking on the 1st of February and I'll never look back. Just a mission getting my wife to stop as well..

I stopped smoking on the 1st of February and I'll never look back. Just a mission getting my wife to stop as well..

Wifey stopped before me, it was her dad that died of cancer...I saw some of it and it was not pretty.

Someone told me that if you look at the timeline of quitting smoking ( someone post it earlier in this thread) that your body is rid of all nicotine in 72 hours. After that your body does not crave for nicotine any more. Which means that you actually only stop smoking for the first 3 days. After that it is a habit that you need to break. It is you hands that is bored and if you keep your hands busy ( and your mind) it will be easier.

Whether it is true I don't know but it work for me. The 23rd of April will be two years.

I got well drunk at a mates house and through that I did not feel like smoking for a good couple of days.

After that I avoided pubs, booze and mates who drank and smoked for a couple of months.

Unless you are really, really tough hanging out in places that make you crave a smoke or being with mates that do smoke

you will relapse and give in. It is extremely hard those first few months but you can make it!