Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A big day for me today. Turning 38 today and realizing I have been smoking over a period of 20 years! (17 in total). That is more than 1/2 of my life.

Also promised my wife many years ago that I will quit if we were to have a baby and now our firstborn is due start August. No way I will be a smoker dad! Gotta quit now! No more ex-boody-cuses!

Well done to all who quit since this tread started.

A big day for me today. Turning 38 today and realizing I have been smoking over a period of 20 years! (17 in total). That is more than 1/2 of my life.

Also promised my wife many years ago that I will quit if we were to have a baby and now our firstborn is due start August. No way I will be a smoker dad! Gotta quit now! No more ex-boody-cuses!

I stopped the day my daughter was born, 6years+ now. Easiest time to stop.

I still get the urge after a few beers.

Firstly Happy Birthday! May you have many many more happy HEALTHY years ahead!

You can do it! Good luck.

BigBen!

Just over 3 months for me, did the Allen Carr seminar which I thought would be a gimmick but it actually makes sense becaus its about the psychology of stopping. Forget patches and drugs and hypnosis or even cutting down, set a goal date and stop from then. A few days of hell and you'll be on your way. I'm the same age as you nearly and also smoked half my life away, glad to be rid of it and putting away the money I was spending on cigarettes away and taking a holiday at the end of the year. Nothing wrong with a bit of incentive too. Good luck :thumbup:

I haven't smoked for 5 or 6 years now (actually stopped counting after 1st year anniversary as that's how little I know think about smoking) and no longer get the urge. I haven't paged through all 24 previous pages so apologies if I am repeating but I went out and bought Allan Carr book and it worked for me.

I eventually got to the point where I realised that if I lit up it would taste disgusting and I would have to teach myself to like smokes again - that's what kept me off.

Good luck to those attempting to quit - best decision ever.

Guys, Champix is the answer. Currently on day 9, dropped from 30 a day to 4 without hassles.

By next week I'll be a non smoker.

:thumbup: agreed best decision ever - Mountain biking and the craving for BIG BIG climbs help me quit-12 months smoke free and better for it!

Guys, Champix is the answer. Currently on day 9, dropped from 30 a day to 4 without hassles.

Just checked that out via a google search, the second result comes back as "Champix runied my life" Know the side effects. Have you grown a third nipple or had any side effects. My mate & his wife are going to be tring this out soon

I stopped completely on day 8. Used to smoke 20-30 a day.

Just checked that out via a google search, the second result comes back as "Champix runied my life" Know the side effects. Have you grown a third nipple or had any side effects. My mate & his wife are going to be tring this out soon

nothing of the sort. my wife and I both struggle a bit sleeping, but other than that, its just good.

Dr warned however it has side effects depending on the person.