Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

So the first day went well. Had a lekke ride coughed till I almost puked when it was over and my chest kinda hurts but I'm feeling good!! Oh and I had some hectic cramps while riding, any of you have the same issue and whats the best thing to do when you cramp cause I've never really had cramps before.

Nice work :thumbup: Well Done :clap: Maybe just take more chilled out rides for a bit.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work :thumbup: Well Done :clap: Maybe just take more chilled out rides for a bit.

Thanks Caerus! I was almost 12 min slower than usual, but I'll take it easy. :thumbup: Sweet!

Thanks Caerus! I was almost 12 min slower than usual, but I'll take it easy. :thumbup: Sweet!

Nearly end of Day 1, worst is almost over. :thumbup:

Ja the first 2weeks youre gonna feel *** when cycling. after that it will improve, you should also pick up that your recovery time after a ride becomes alot quicker. Keep it up :thumbup:

Ja the first 2weeks youre gonna feel *** when cycling. after that it will improve, you should also pick up that your recovery time after a ride becomes alot quicker. Keep it up :thumbup:

This is goung to be totally worth it!! I just find I have the worst cravings when Im at my desk, marking, seting up tests and studying were always accompanied with a full ashtray. It feels freakin weird not having one! Shot for the support guys!!:thumbup:

You are right. He is NOT a quitter! He is choosing health over smoking and wont give up on quitting the healthy option again! YOU CAN DO IT PIETER!!!!

Day 2 for me.

First day was ***, but I have been there before.

Obviously miss the first one in the mornings.

But the problematic one is the siggies at night with my beers/wine.........

****, this must be the last time I am going through this.

@Mojoman, I walked into the smoking area/ bar at the Airport on Monday by mistake, and my God it stank,can't believe that I would be one of the people sitting there.

Nearly 4 weeks for me, keep it up all the others that have quit :clap:

You are right. He is NOT a quitter! He is choosing health over smoking and wont give up on quitting the healthy option again! YOU CAN DO IT PIETER!!!!

Thanks man!! A friend told me yesterday, we can have the pain of discipline today or the pain of regret tomorrow. I'm also on day two and also missing that first one but when I get over that its not to bad. The smell of smoke smells like candy floss to me, but luckily I dont like candy floss.

So, its been a month already for me...still clean and going strong..

No desire to start again.

So, its been a month already for me...still clean and going strong..

No desire to start again.

Good Work, well done. What have you noticed since giving up?

Breathing much better, less congestion (no, not traffic you idiot), avg and peak HR wayyyy down. <--HUGE bonus.

Better smell, better taste, feeling better about not destroying myself.

Much better eating habits, meaning my appetite is healthy again.

Totally worth it.

Oh and the money thing.

I have fallen off the wagon, after a month :cursing:

No shame in that, I tried stopping numerous times before I got it right, look at it this way, at least you were smoke free for a month. Now just try to sort out whatever the problem is and try again sometime.