How much does your bike cost and what group do you ride?

The_Break

How much does your bike cost  

125 members have voted

1. 1. How much does your bike cost and what group do you ride?

• <10k in A/B/C
    • 10 - 20K in A/B/C
    • 20-30k in A/B/C
    • 30-40k in A/B/C
    • 40-60k in A/B/C
    • 60-80k in A/B/C
    • >80k in A/B/C
    • <10k in D/E/F
    • 10 - 20K in D/E/F
    • 20-30k in D/E/F
    • 30-40k in D/E/F
    • 40-60k in D/E/F
    • 60-80k in D/E/F
    • >80k in D/E/F
    • <10k in G-Z
    • 10 - 20K in G-Z
    • 20-30k in G-Z
    • 30-40k in G-Z
    • 40-60k in G-Z
    • >60 in G-Z

Interesting to still see some gaps. Maybe these will fill up some with more votes.

I do definitely think that the guys who take careers more seriously have more bucks to spend. Then there are those that work cleverly so as to have the bucks and the time to cycle more. Know a few guys who consult just to be able to do that. Loads of bucks and time to buy and train and still afford everything else.

Interesting to still see some gaps. Maybe these will fill up some with more votes.

I do definitely think that the guys who take careers more seriously have more bucks to spend. Then there are those that work cleverly so as to have the bucks and the time to cycle more. Know a few guys who consult just to be able to do that. Loads of bucks and time to buy and train and still afford everything else.

In whitch of the group is Tandems? Insultant or consultant? Loads of bucks to train or brain?

And don't miss next week's episode of Curiosity Killed the Cat where we'll be asking:

How big is your willie and how often to you have sex.

That about sums up this thread :thumbup:

Maybe.. but cycling is but an occasional hobby (a time waster) to some and hence does not warrant dropping large amounts of cash on. Priorities are different for some people, so to infer as above that those who drop large amounts on cash are those who take their careers seriously is flawed, and conversely that those who do not drop large amounts of cash on cycling do not take their careers seriously smack of a logic failure, arrogance and self centred-ness

Yes you are right, I phrased that incorrectly. What I should have said was that the guys who do well financially and work hard with little time to train, often buy nicer bikes, but don't necessarily have the fitness to ride in the top bunches.

I think my point was just that it is normally the hard working business owners who put in loads of hours at the grind that can buy the Pinos and Velos, but have to carry a bit of a Boepo around too. :0

I voted using the replacement value of my XC & DH bikes together... My DH bike cost all of R 7k, but would cost more than 40k to replace with a new, current model at the same spec.

My XC bike cost R 6k, but I have spent R 5k upgrading fork, gruppo and tires.

So - amount paid is far less than actual value... And I ride because I have fun whilst doping it, not for the lowest time.

I voted using the replacement value of my XC & DH bikes together... My DH bike cost all of R 7k, but would cost more than 40k to replace with a new, current model at the same spec.

My XC bike cost R 6k, but I have spent R 5k upgrading fork, gruppo and tires.

So - amount paid is far less than actual value... And I ride because I have fun whilst doping it, not for the lowest time.

Unfortunate choice of words ..... :o