Kneepads: 661 or Troy Lee

banna

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My riding buddy rides with the 661 KS. Size Large. If you want we can meet up at Majik on Saturday then you can try them on for size, fit and feel.

yeah they are so comfy you can use them for XC even!

Ah, that's great to hear. Will make it easier to get used to riding with padding.

My riding buddy rides with the 661 KS. Size Large. If you want we can meet up at Majik on Saturday then you can try them on for size, fit and feel.

Awesome Crow. That'll be great. Lets try and make a plan then for Saturday morning if it suits you? We can set a time later the week.

crow, banna, why don't you guys join me on sunday - i'll be doing the contermanskloof shuttle day, and will be riding the singletrack down (blue / green and "die kloof") as oppposed to following the nutters down the DH track...

so it'll be an "aggressive trail" ride with a shuttle ;) hoping to squeeze 2 or 3 runs in...

Sounds like a plan. Have never ridden there so should be fun.

From the top down we'll follow all the singletrack - starts off rocky and steep in places with steep switchbacks, then goes onto jeep track for a while, then some more rocky sections (not big rocks, just loose) with less steep switchbacks, then some long, flowing singletrack with a couple of flat pedally bits, a short, hard, singletrack climb in the middle, followed by "die kloof" which is a technical singletrack with a couple of optional jumps that forms the lower part of the DH track - after that it's out into the open, over the tabletop and on to the bike shed for the next run ;)

Cost is R90 for the day, I think, not 100% sure. Boerie rolls as well (get a free one as part of your fee) - shuttles from 10am to 2pm

I got the 661 kneepads and am very happy with them. I used to use the 661 vegi elbo guards, they are fairly lightweight so nice for all mountain use now I have full body armour which is better suited to DH.

I got the 661 kneepads and am very happy with them. I used to use the 661 vegi elbo guards, they are fairly lightweight so nice for all mountain use now I have full body armour which is better suited to DH.

Cool tx stack.

crow, banna, why don't you guys join me on sunday - i'll be doing the contermanskloof shuttle day, and will be riding the singletrack down (blue / green and "die kloof") as oppposed to following the nutters down the DH track...

so it'll be an "aggressive trail" ride with a shuttle ;) hoping to squeeze 2 or 3 runs in...

Will let you know. Very difficult for me though to give up my usual Sunday bashes in Jonkers!