CPT cycle lanes, under bridge.

Nobody

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its not right but I use the N1 from Church street, Woodstock to Oswald Pirow if I'm alone. There's no way I'm riding alone down that back stretch. I will ride towards Paarden Island on the lane because its fairly busy. Crucify me if you will.

Pic of broken fence where all the muggings are taking place ..... this has been like this for a few months now!

post-5403-0-61030200-1347357330.jpg

Pic of broken fence where all the muggings are taking place ..... this has been like this for a few months now!

Report it to the municipality - they have a hotline and also your local councillor. If there is one thing I've learnt with the DA is that if you complain to the right person, they do something. Also give them reference to this thread,

Report it to the municipality - they have a hotline and also your local councillor. If there is one thing I've learnt with the DA is that if you complain to the right person, they do something. Also give them reference to this thread,

Sent that pic now in copy via twitter to H. Zille, MyCity, CT Tourism and Moonlight mass ....

Edited by Hairy

• 2 weeks later...

any problems on the cycle track lately? I come through from Milnerton at about 5am and have had no problems so far.Got a new Giant Revel yesterday but to scared to use it on the cycle track after feed back on the Hub.Considering some pepperspray but don't know how to keep it close at hand .

I chatted to a Metro cop the other day and apparently the high risk time on the lane is around 16:15.

No problems as of late that I know of other than those posted above.

There has been an increase in patrols the last week or so too.

I can concur with Shaartjie. We rode down that way on Sunday. The police were physically removng the bergies.

Sad faced and all, they had to pack up and leave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

any problems on the cycle track lately? I come through from Milnerton at about 5am and have had no problems so far.Got a new Giant Revel yesterday but to scared to use it on the cycle track after feed back on the Hub.Considering some pepperspray but don't know how to keep it close at hand .

I cycle that way with my partner in the mornings but the afternoons are the problem because then I'm on my own, but i cant live in a box, ill tazer the sh@# outta anyone's face that tries to mug me lol

Havent had any incidents that way yet, touch wood... but i will admit, it is scary, being a lady n all.

Stefni

I posted a comment on your other thread RE our group that leaves an hour after you.

thanks for that hairy!

I thought I'd let you know that Im Dr Bryan Sher and Dr Harris Smeyatsky's receptionist/manageress in Greenpoint, Dr Smey said I should let you kno :D

thanks for that hairy!

I thought I'd let you know that Im Dr Bryan Sher and Dr Harris Smeyatsky's receptionist/manageress in Greenpoint, Dr Smey said I should let you kno :D

LOL ... chatted to their other riding buddy Rob this morning outside Action Cycles!

LOL ... chatted to their other riding buddy Rob this morning outside Action Cycles!

haha awesome, its a small world :)