The great Chain Cassette Gears thread

rckhpr29er

Hi

You have to contact 2wheel trading ,my friends also snapped at the same place and looks like a easy part to get machined but we ended up buying a 2nd gx rear derailer

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

You have to contact 2wheel trading ,my friends also snapped at the same place and looks like a easy part to get machined but we ended up buying a 2nd gx rear derailer

ya you're bang on. Omnico don't do the 12s deralleur and shifter . Thanks for the correction :thumbup:

keep my posted if you get yours sorted at a decent price his still lying im my cupboard

i must say little of the topic rapide brought in the new 51-11 12spd casette,the best set up every without changing freebodies ..........first 3 gears 51,45,39.........find my self barely using granny and at R1700 a casette a no brainer

Meh was hoping there is an easier solution to this. wanted to ride this weekend. gonna speak to LBS and find out

Guys what is going on with cassette prices? (xd drive). I must replace but am not going to give out circa 3500 for a cassette? Any other options available? cheers

Guys what is going on with cassette prices? (xd drive). I must replace but am not going to give out circa 3500 for a cassette? Any other options available? cheers

I had 11 speed xx1 on my bike, needed to replace and looked at cassette prices a couple of months ago and xx1 was not an option, an x01 cassette was R5k with Gx being +-R3k... :eek:

I opted to buy off the classifieds seeing that everybody is upgrading to 12 speed,

Hi

Well for now i had to buy a new derailleur as well. cant have the bike stand while searching for the part. gonna speak to 2wheel trading next week. I dont even need the whole part just the alu bracket needs to be manufactured. I will let you know if i make any further progress.

I have the bottom 3 sprockets jumping the chain when riding hard on the inner or outer front chain ring. I replaced the chain  this morning and still have the same problem . I removed the cassette and i can see the wear on those 3 sprockets is bad . Should i replace those only ( Shimano ) or  must i buy complete cassette considering the rest of the cassette ( 11 speed ) is still good . 

I have no idea . In my old days of road biking you could build a cluster from the the bottom up deciding what ratios you wanted . So now with the NEW AGE of Cassettes i would imagine even a greater variety of rations exists especially as you remove a cluster sorry cassette it comes apart in sections it must surely be possible . I have never replaced a cassette or had this particular problem with it skipping on only the last bottom 3 sprockets . I inspected them today and they do seem worn more than the next lot of sprockets . I obviously ride my bottom 3 more than the rest . i am most probably going to have change the whole cassette . What a waste to have 22 rations and i only use 6 .  . Pics of my choice  of cluster 13 /18 and the different sprockets on could build with . back in the 80s .

post-111826-0-89757700-1570386979_thumb.jpeg

post-111826-0-30307700-1570387014_thumb.jpeg

Those sprockets are unfortunately not available separately anylonger. Best to try and find a 2nd hand unit for the sprockets or get a new complete cassette

What are you using that you need to pay R3500?

Sram with xd drive, only option is Sram blah bah bllah or e thirteer ( so i am told) . 

I had 11 speed xx1 on my bike, needed to replace and looked at cassette prices a couple of months ago and xx1 was not an option, an x01 cassette was R5k with Gx being +-R3k... :eek:

I opted to buy off the classifieds seeing that everybody is upgrading to 12 speed,

Me 2