Groenland Berg - Picture and Profile

decide to spend some productive time at work and make you 4 pics.

1) is a training route - plenty of gravel and sinkplaat (its a tough route)

2) GROENLANDBERG - Profile

3)(PART1) a google pic of the first part of the mountain (look far top left for the grabouw towards franshoek (4 passes road)

4)(PART2) See the last past of the mountain.

AWESOME VIEWS !!!!!

So, when are we going to do this ?

20071212_025611_gl1.JPG

20071212_025621_gl2.JPG

20071212_025632_gl3.JPG

20071212_025649_gl4.JPG

popeye2008-01-04 04:27:25

Last time I did Groenlandberg it was fine from the Nuweberg side, but unrideable (going up) on the other side due to bad errosion.

Its a great ride if you go from Grabouw over Groenland down to the N2 for lunch at the farm stall. Then on to Bot River and back via Van der Stells pass. About 110 kms I think

jason, thats why you have to go up from the botrivier side (through that cattle gate, up that very steep sement piece road)

and rather go down on that corosion side towards the franshoek road. that downhill is is jeeptrack, but if you loose it on that down, you break a arm, collorbone and leg with some ribs. its hell of a technical down there.

• 4 weeks later...

It may change slightly depending on how we feel when we get to the halfway mark. We may turn left and follow the 2007 route to Houwhoek and then back through Lebanon.

We will have to wait and see.