Grape Escape - ENTRY FEE:R2 450 per person

rpedro

ENTRY FEE:R2 450 per person  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the price increase?

• Worth every penny
    • Disgrace
    • Don’t care

How do you feel about the price increase? I was looking forward to doing this event again but sadly it’s become too expensive :-(

Edited by rpedro

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is stupid, was also looking forward to it! It is not even with tents, you org your own accom.!! must think about this

I don't believe it,last year was around 800 bucs for the same thing.They can go get f@cked if that is what they are going to charge.

Me 2 i am dissapointed, it works out at about 620 per day for just the race, after i take togbag cost and shirt and lunch out. So you pay 620 rand for a race of 70km!!!!

Their website looks simular to the Epic....and now they want to charge Epic prices...."almost"

:thumbdown:

Are you all crazy! This is by far the most affordable stage race out there. And on the topic of Epic prices... I believe their price is in the R35000 for a double entry. That's R17500 per rider instead of the measly R2450 per rider. Yes the epic is 8 days, but that still works out at just over R2000 per day on the Epic which is in stark contrast to the R800 per day for the Grape Escape.

It does seem expensive for a self catering event.

Sani2C was about R3500 per rider, but we got 3 meals, tented accommodation, 2 winter jackets, 1 long sleeved shirt, 1 long sleeved runners jacket and lots of other goodies.

On top of this the website still had conflicting info on routes, distances and ascent on the website. I emailed the orginisers about this and got a reply stating that they are updating the website, but I am still unsure on what info is correct.

At R2450 the routes really got to be top notch to get my vote.

Are you all crazy! This is by far the most affordable stage race out there. And on the topic of Epic prices... I believe their price is in the R35000 for a double entry. That's R17500 per rider instead of the measly R2450 per rider. Yes the epic is 8 days, but that still works out at just over R2000 per day on the Epic which is in stark contrast to the R800 per day for the Grape Escape.

You obviously got some vested interest in the race dude.You can only compare to other stage races if the Grape Escape is of the same standard and offer the same.Unfortunately they are neither.Last year they ran out of water at the water points,nothing further said.

So what is your relationship with the event???

Nothing that I know of increased with 60% over the last year so there is no reason to justify a 60% increase, its obviously about making money, which I totally agree with, but make it a 20 or even a 30% increase.

Ah man, that is sad, I was looking forward to doing it again, specially with the different route, last years first stage was super ***. At that price they can stick it unless I find a donation somewhere.... Very sad

Come on Really???

Last year it was 800 bucks so it is a 300% increase!!

I recall paying R1450 for the 2011 event, however at the new price won’t be doing it in 2012. In my view this event is no longer value for money. As it is starting in Durbanville one can only assume a large part of day 1 will be on the Meerendal and Contermans single track.

Edited by siggie

Wrong.

Try the Fedgroup Berg & Bush.

This is totally ridiculous, These people are looking at stage races like Wines2Whales and Sani and then want to jump on that price wagon, well I've ridden both and the amount of work that went into both to build those routes were unreal and that would justify the price, for these guys to increase this fee by that much is smacking of opportunism and is just WRONG!!! I will NOT do it and whether you can afford it or not is not the issue, this is pure greed.

We as Mountain bikers need to start and vote with our wallets. We need to get organised and help the people who want to experience great rides but don't know the routes