Looking for GPS/HRM

RudoJ

Hijack on :) anyone have a forerunner, and I have been finding conflicting infromation about its ability to load waypoints on a course for navigational purposes. Some sites say you can some sites say you cant.

I would like the forerunner 610 since i could use it for indoor and outdoor training and have all my data in one spot. but I would also like to be able to download a course with specific waypoints when i do unfamiliar routes.

There should be an update from bryton in november to sort out the problems with the .gpx export. That's the press release anyway. If this is done correctly there should be no problems getting the data into sporttracks. At the moment you have to play around with the headers and there is a lot of rubish data flying around in the gpx file.

And dont forget the mobii, its made in cape town, and is an awesome gadget, what i love about it mostly is it records your elevation, speed, HR, even g-forced and you can superimpose it on your gopro footage. So you watch the video with a speedo, and your HR. Truely fabulous.

Im still torn between the edge 500 and 800 is it really worth spending the extra 2k.

As a training computer to record your ride and display things like speed, HR, power etc., they're basically the same.

The Edge 800 adds a bigger screen and the ability to load maps and use them to navigate.

If you wanting mapping and navigation and a big touch screen that can clearly show lots of data fields, then it's worth it. If you just need something that will record where you've been and don't need a huge numbers of data fields displayed at the same time, then not.

2700 seems to be the going rate for the 500 edge package that includes the hrm. Also consider the for forerunner 310xt if you want to use the device for other sports as well.

Hey guys and girls

I'm looking for a new HRM/GPS bundle computer

Have a limited budget of R2000-00 max.

I like the Edge 500/Bryton35 bundles but they are a above of whatI can spend. I do races etc but most of the time just to enjoy the sport, nothing serious at the moment

I saw the Garmin Edge 605 on probikekit, anyone using this?

What else is there?

Thanks!!

I have a Edge 500 bundle for sale at about your budget. Used for about 8 weeks and the condition is as new. I want to upgrade but cannot afford 'spare' toys sitting around! You can contact me on 0827723066 for a chat if you have not been sorted yet.

Who's Bryton? haha

What device won the comparison?

None really, depends on what you want during your ride eg mapping or not.

Once you off the bike the data is same when downloaded.

Heres my delema, i wanted something to record all my sports and put it up on one central area, so i have now researched this quite a bit.

You can get the bryton cardio 30 (GPS watch) and the Bryton rider 50 (full colour bike GPS) which on paper measures up to basically the same as the Garmin forerunner 405 and the garmin edg3 800, although the bryton litterally comes in at half the price.

I was all set to go with the bryton package, but it seems to still be a very new boy on the block, and for compatibility reasons, and knowing that garmin has a great interface for training analysis, i decided to go with just a forerunner 110 and and a edge 500, which also comes relativly close to the price of the bryton package.

I dont want to convert file formats etc etc, its not a biggy really but for the sake of convenciance i will go with the devil i know rather than the angel i dont.

i have a Garmin forerunner 310 XT, with preminum heart rate monitor and Garmin sports glasses for sale,

I knowe its a little above your budget BUT definately worth looking at which i will do at R 2300.00,

Thanks for the info guys, decided to go with the Edge 500 bundle bought online from EasyGis. Got a little unexpected bonus that just helped me made up my mind quicker!

I got the Bryton and was able to upload it to Brytonsport.com. From there you can download the GPS data file (.gpx)

You can upload this fileto most GPS mapping sites like Strava.com or RidewithGPS.com

Here's what mine pumped out for the 94.7 mtb race:

Ride with GPS

Bryton Sport

Strava.com