SANI2C

Funrider-CPT

On the race know 3 things intimately Body: - Understand what it is to ride within yourself, keep hydrated and fueled - Use a recovery procedure that works for you (stretching routine straight after your ride, recovery shake, leg massage after a hard ride) - Get proper rest, especially 2 nights before the race starts - Eat the correct foods before and during the race Buddy: - Know your partner's strengths and weaknesses - Pick a partner that you like and get along with - Understand your race strategy as a team Bike: - Know how to fix a flat tyre (plug, boot, tube) - Know how to mend a broken chain - Know how to bypass a broken rear dereullieur to convert your bike to a single speed - Know how to replace the rear dereullier hanger - Know how to replace your brake pads My standard 3 day pack list: Spares: - slimed tube - CO2 inflator and 2 CO2 Canisters - Tyger lever (1 set per team) - RD Hanger - Quick links x 2 - Plug kit (1 per team) - tyre boot - multi tool (1 per team) - small leatherman (1 per team) - cable ties Kit: - 3 x tightpant - 3 x cycling jerseys - 1 x rain jacket - 3 x sets of arm warmers - 3 x pairs of socks - 1 x buff (handy for a cold morning) - full finger gloves - shoes - helmet - sunglasses - cellphone Civvies: - 2 x t shirts - 2 x shorts - 1 x pair of strops - 1 x track pant - 1 x Sani2C all weather jacket Toiletries - tooth brush - tooth paste - ear plugs (silicon ones works best for me) - body wash - spare contact lenses - contact lens solution and sterile container - cataflam - valoid - rehydrate - tabart Nutrition - 3 x energy bars - 12 x race fuel (package it in small ziplock bags to stick in your back pocket / camelback) - 2 x recovery shake - 3 x rehydrate Other: - head light - sleeping bag - pillow - single fitted sheet - basic bike cleaning kit - power monkey with charging cable for celphone and GPS - gopro camera and spare 32 gig sd card - pocket camera Remember that all your luggage needs to fit into a 120lt crate. I pack my gear in ziplock bags that is marked for each day. This way I don't have to unpack everything every time I need to get something. (see my pioneer photo attached). After each stage I simply pack the dirty clothes in the old Ziplock bag from that morning.

I like your list !! very helpful and to the point, thanks for sharing. Please share more on the "power monkey" for charging cellphones and GPS>>??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can i charge my Garmin somewhere? i just use my laptop, but won't be taking that along. same goes for the GoPro

@mrparx : A power monkey is basically like a backup battery that stores a charge. You then plug your usb cable/ipod cable etc into the device which then charges your phone/ipod/iphone etc.

I've got the below item, which includes a little solar panel which can be used to charge the power monkey or to charge your phone/device directly :

https://powertraveller.com/iwantsome/primatepower/powermonkey-explorer/

@mrparx : A power monkey is basically like a backup battery that stores a charge. You then plug your usb cable/ipod cable etc into the device which then charges your phone/ipod/iphone etc.

I've got the below item, which includes a little solar panel which can be used to charge the power monkey or to charge your phone/device directly :

https://powertravell...onkey-explorer/

thanks !

https://powertravell...onkey-explorer/

very cool, where ca I get one< do Cape union stock these? does anyone know ?

I like your list !! very helpful and to the point, thanks for sharing. Please share more on the "power monkey" for charging cellphones and GPS>>??

Thanks MrParx

I recently bought a Power Gorrilla (can charge a 10.5V laptop on it as well). Like mentioned, its basically a backup battery that you use to charge phones, GPS's etc.

They have facilities to charge phones etc, so remember your chargers if you need to recharge.

I spent the day packing my bike in the bike box and getting all my gear sorted out and packed.

thanks MorewoodMad, ill go searching for 1 tomorrow..and then i should be all packed and ready to go. !

thanks MorewoodMad, ill go searching for 1 tomorrow..and then i should be all packed and ready to go. !

Try Due South. There is a smaller unit as well called a power chimp. Retails for about R370.

Try Due South. There is a smaller unit as well called a power chimp. Retails for about R370.

chimp>>monkey>>gorilla, interesting marketing names for brand range extension, what next?