Amla eclipses SA Highest Score as captain on SA score

Previously held by his predecessor at 183

Edited by Huez

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*** man, no one goes to watch those anymore. unless you're the barman at the long room?!

Newlands is a nice place to get stuck into a good book on a Sunday afternoon. I wish we can get some TV coverage of our 4 day cricket.

Well played van Zyl. 100 on debut. Now for some quick runs before a declaration.

QdK clearly receives the messages about quick runs! Waiting for the rain to stop so have to keep drinking beer here :-)

Newlands is a nice place to get stuck into a good book on a Sunday afternoon. I wish we can get some TV coverage of our 4 day cricket.

Seeing as my riding's over for a while, think I'll go to Newlands for a day

*** man, no one goes to watch those anymore. unless you're the barman at the long room?!

The Vern at 4/26

Good to see him deliver again

Poised for a 5er

Windies in trouble after a promising morning and afternoon

The Vern at 4/26

Good to see him deliver again

Poised for a 5er

Windies in trouble after a promising morning and afternoon

Nice to see The Vern on top, particularly since Steyn looked a bit Babbelas today. 4 wickets to get before the close, and then its decision time with regards to law 13.

Number of times in Test history that the top-four batsmen in an innings had scored between 30 and 35 before this game. West Indies' first innings in this Test was the first time this happened.

i'm afraid enforcing the follow-on was not a good decision... in hind sight of course.

I am sure we will not be required to bat again. I call a win to SA by close of play tomorrow. I like the confidence shown by Amla. I am sure Dale and Vern will be fit to bowl tomorrow. 7 wickets to get and an extra day's recovery time (hopefully).

i'm afraid enforcing the follow-on was not a good decision... in hind sight of course.

In hindsight I think it was a very good decision. His top order got a good run, his bowlers got just over 100 overs in. The only real casualty is QdK who is missing the rest of the series. It will be interesting to see whether the selectors go with a keeper (Villas or will they be sentimental and go for Tsolikile) or a backup batsman. I'd like to see a bit of Bavuma. He fielded out of his skin while subbing yesterday and today.