Cricket......

E1A104

It would be a great pitty if they leave out Rossouw. He is in such good form at the moment.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a great pitty if they leave out Rossouw. He is in such good form at the moment.

He does look the part all of a sudden, doesn't he?!

got 5 ducks in his first 10 odis, but has a hot streak of

0,0 ,128,7,4,132,16*,2,61,61*

but who else do you drop if you're a batsmen heavy, miller?

BIG MAC reckons he should be ther ein place of Qdk with AB donning the gloves. But we're a quality all-rounder short and without JPD it really shows.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/839469.html

What is your opinion on the composition of South Africa's 2015 World Cup squad?

The squad could be a lot stronger. I believe players like Wayne Parnell, Farhaan Behardien and even Quinton de Kock have got a way to go to really compete on the international stage. Specifically for the World Cup, I would have included players like Ryan McLaren and Albie Morkel, due to his competence and experience on the international stage. Dean Elgar too, because of his grittiness and determination. This would have added a nice balance to the side. I don't believe the balance of the current squad is correct - mindset and competitive edge-wise.

"I believe players like Wayne Parnell, Farhaan Behardien and even Quinton de Kock have got a way to go to really compete on the international stage"

AB de Villiers would have to play as the wicketkeeper. It is the World Cup - there are only so many games to play as a wicketkeeper. If de Villiers got injured, Elgar could have carried the glove work. Imran Tahir, meanwhile, has done very well of late. Something has happened for the good, working alongside [spin-bowling consultant] Claude Henderson. There is no doubt that he is a better package these days. As for Rilee Rossouw, the bottom line is, if he is going to play, it will have to be in place of Quinton as an opening batsman.

Proteas busy creaming the Irish

you'd think the aussies would be doing it

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Baileys_with_Baileys_Rock.JPG

you'd think the aussies would be doing it

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Baileys_with_Baileys_Rock.JPG

bwahahaha sharp today :thumbup:

this is getting boring. let's finish it up

(AB brings himself onto bowl, takes a wicket 2nd ball. only # and miller time haven't bowled yet)

I'm worried about our bowling....

Yip, especially Steyn. We should have closed out that game a lot quicker.

I'm worried about our bowling....

yup. now AB heads up the bowling averages (4th in the batting).

who do you play:

Tahir

Steyn (you just can't drop the world's top ranked bowler at the tournament)

then 2 of Morkel, Vern, Abbot.

remember this is a batsmen;s game now. india have got a useless attack. even worse than the one that won them the trophy in 2011 (ranked 7 out of the 8 quarterfinalists in 2011)

who do you play:

Tahir

remember this is a batsmen;s game now. india have got a useless attack. even worse than the one that won them the trophy in 2011 (ranked 7 out of the 8 quarterfinalists in 2011)

LOL I thought that was a typo. Had to check the link.

Well Done Proteas.

who do you play:

Tahir

I have been reasonably impressed with Abott

Good intensity

Left arm option which provides variety in attack

And, above all else, some sweet swing and lateral movement which is crucial (eg knocked over Gayle's castle with a beauty)

Abbott has to be in the side at the moment. Especially seeing that Steyn is not firing on all cylinders. He has bowled really well the last 2 games. Its probably been a good thing that Vern has been unable to play. I actually think they should only make 2 changes. Bring Dummy in for Behardien, and Let Rossouw open. Take the pressure of Qdk and move him down to 7 for a while.

Good intensity

Left arm option which provides variety in attack

And, above all else, some sweet swing and lateral movement which is crucial (eg knocked over Gayle's castle with a beauty)

Abbott is a right hander...if you want left armer then you play dice with whatever Parnell rocks up on the day.

problem with Abbott is he didn't really perform in home series when given the opportunity. could go either way really, but vern might get in on marginally better batting