Cricket......

E1A104

So, can someone with more cricket knowledge please explain to little old me why Chris Morris and David Wiese were not part of the Protea CWC team.

On second thoughts, don't bother. I think I know the answer and ain't going to like it.

Both are in the current setup. Morris struggled with an injury last year if I recall. Wiese got some game time and bowled well last year. Morris also have a few caps but was not taking wickets prior to getting injured. Who do you propose they leave out of the playing T20 11?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else following the Eng v Nzld series? An interesting day and a bit at Lord's so far.

So, can someone with more cricket knowledge please explain to little old me why Chris Morris and David Wiese were not part of the Protea CWC team.

On second thoughts, don't bother.  I think I know the answer and ain't going to like it.

ok I'll bite. 

here are the top performers in the momentum one day cup 2014/15.

http://www.supersport.com/cricket/domestic-one-day/momentum-one-day-cup-averages-201415

You'll see neither morris or wiese there. The only way into the national squad is by bashing this door down or hoping someone in it plays crap.. The one position that probably got decided last was the allrounder - and they went with parnell over mclaren. Wiese could have been in the reckoning here(as well as Albie morkel, who somehow isn't good enough for our national squad). As for morris, well he'd be in the queue behind philander and abbot.

edit: I'm guessing your query 2 months after the fact had something to do with good IPL performances by the two? I'll admit that i haven't followed it one bit, didn't even know the finals was on this week. But i had a quick squizz and I think I have the answer to where we went wrong in the world cup. ABdV bowled at the death of the semi we lost by a whisker....he hasn't bowled a single ball in 15 IPL games.
Edited by Shebeen

seesaw test match at Lords, Pendulum has swung strongly England's way. blackcaps got to bat out 50 more overs with just 5 wickets left. mccullum just got a golden duck.

all set up by a captains knock, that should shut them up.

seesaw test match at Lords, Pendulum has swung strongly England's way. blackcaps got to bat out 50 more overs with just 5 wickets left. mccullum just got a golden duck.

all set up by a captains knock, that should shut them up.

Followed the action via cricinfo. Completely riveting match. Cook's form is going to be crucial over the next 9 months or so. His hundred was the stand out innings for me as it laid the platform for Root (along with Williamson the best test batsman currently) and Stokes' acceleration. He's also being aided by a return to batting form (which he needs to continue regardless of Bell's form - as senior batsmen they need to contribute more and put less pressure on the lesser experienced batsmen) and a bowling unit that's been revitalised and has gelled nicely. The only real question is can they add consistent good performances to this showing. If they do they should have a shot at regaining the Ashes.

New Zealand needs Southee to fire or else their bowling is going to end up unbalanced. Replacing Watling is going to be difficult and will probably upset the balance of their batting unit.

Strauss is a busy man so has to use acronyms, thus last year off air he called KP a "Cricketer of Unbelievable Natural Talent"   [heard on the Bugle podcast- Andy Zaltsman]

Well both are members of the Department of Outstanding Observation Services. Although Strauss is the Chairman of the exco of ****.

So Martin Guptil's contributions with the bat is done and dusted for the series. A 140 runs at an average of 35 exactly. His run if scores to get to this is a bit of an anomaly: 70 & 0 at Lord's followed by 0 & 70 at the Oval. Tough live being an opening bat.

So Martin Guptil's contributions with the bat is done and dusted for the series. A 140 runs at an average of 35 exactly. His run if scores to get to this is a bit of an anomaly: 70 & 0 at Lord's followed by 0 & 70 at the Oval. Tough live being an opening bat.

kane Williamson failed twice in this test,interesting to see black caps with three actual keepers in their match 11

kane Williamson failed twice in this test,interesting to see black caps with three actual keepers in their match 11

Four if you're counting Mccullum (spelling). And those that aren't playing as keeper have been earning their place as batsmen, and doing none to shabbily either.

Four if you're counting Mccullum (spelling). And those that aren't playing as keeper have been earning their place as batsmen, and doing none to shabbily either.

4?? I was counting mccullum, ronchi and watling as genuine keeper/batsmen. I almost think we might see proteas doing this with AB and QdK in tests, no reason why they can't rotate keeping duties during a test match, say half a session each, swap at each drinks break..if one guy gets a big ton then keeps less?

edit: tom latham the opener is also a keeper. 4!

Edited by Shebeen

so black caps klapped 120 runs of 16 overs this morning. Amazingly there was no first innings lead (both teams had same score).

England chasing 455 for the win, or bat out 5 sessions to draw and win the series.

first 10 overs ticking along at 41/0 so it's either call currently.

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/214600/214619.3.jpg

whoooop whoop. England are crumbling at headingly

England require another 391 runs with 6 wickets remaining

Last 10 ovs 16/3 RR 1.60

Min overs remaining 81.3