Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does SA still play international cricket?

err? proteas off on a tour to bangladesh currently. all the SAFFAs in the england squad have retired/been pushed if thats what you meant.

err? proteas off on a tour to bangladesh currently. all the SAFFAs in the england squad have retired/been pushed if thats what you meant.

Just don't see any Proteas cricket anymore, used to see lots on Sky sports

I'll check tonight and see if this Bangladesh tour is being shown

You never know with the Engelse...They've got good players, but their form/confidence is very inconsistent. Maybe KP will tweet something ridiculous again just before ashes start to through the engelse off their game again

On another note...Well done Bangladesh on their series win. Its gonna be a tough tour for us next month. I can already see people complaining how bad we are because we did not thrash them (old mindset). Bangladesh have come a long way, especially on their home ground, and we would need to respect them.

Agree with you re the English inconsistency. I think England will compete far more than most are willing to concede too.

As for Bangladesh tour - it definitely got a bit harder. They'll be confident that they have the ability to compete especially in the shorter formats. We must definitely guard against complacency.

best indicator of form is that they have both just toured the windies. England scraped home with a 1-1 series draw, aussies blasted them off the park for a 2-0 thrashing.

I think Aus are overwhelming favourites. the only thing really counting against them is the spin dept and the fact that they are all getting on a bit. ryan harris' knee will eventually break down in a game and that could leave them short of quality options.

England also drew 1 - 1 with New Zealand that beat the WI's a year ago. So in between series' England could be viewed as having improved but personally I think Aus will win easy enough because I can't see England be consistent enough to place them under pressure for long enough.

Also I think that Aus does tend to play their best cricket against England and ourselves.

Edited by Mntboy

Come now, the correct terminology is ODI (One Day International)... he he

Yes, yes I know. But I thought that the fact that they are playing 20 over and 50 matches it was a better description.

Oh, I also saw after I posted that when you scroll down a bit further on that page it shows that we will also play 2 tests against Bangladesh as well so it is quite a full program against the tigers. It seems that quite a few of our top guys don't see it as too much of an important tour though as they will be sitting out for some/ all of the games to keep themselves fresh for the bigger/ tougher upcoming fixtures.

Come now, the correct terminology is ODI (One Day International)... he he

I beg to differ as limited overs refers to T20's and ODI's :ph34r:

Yes, yes I know. But I thought that the fact that they are playing 20 over and 50 matches it was a better description.

Oh, I also saw after I posted that when you scroll down a bit further on that page it shows that we will also play 2 tests against Bangladesh as well so it is quite a full program against the tigers. It seems that quite a few of our top guys don't see it as too much of an important tour though as they will be sitting out for some/ all of the games to keep themselves fresh for the bigger/ tougher upcoming fixtures.

I think it is more CSA that sees it as an opportunity to give some of our younger guys experience using the limited overs format.  The test team should be fully stocked as it wont be that easy going in Bangladesh.

I think it is more CSA that sees it as an opportunity to give some of our younger guys experience using the limited overs format. The test team should be fully stocked as it wont be that easy going in Bangladesh.

True that.

• 2 weeks later...

Ashes today heyAlways interesting

It should be calle the Asses imo, contest between the teams I like least.