Cricket......

E1A104

I don't think the wicket is as bad as THIS!!

Some poor application from our batsmen making a poor pitch look worse than what it is. Van Zyl and Vilas need to dig in as it's the bowlers who is in next. Here's to hoping they can shut up their detractors!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Williamson is key to that though. If he can hang in there and the others can support him it's possible they can. If Aus gets Kane early tomorrow it'll wind up heading towards an innings rout. It ain't called the Gabbatior for nothing.

Captains very rarely enforce the follow on these days - especially if there's enough time. No one wants to have this massive sized Steve Waugh egg on their face, after this happened.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63920.html

Williamson (who is shaping up to surely be the best kiwi batsman ever) came in first drop and was last man out - but they still ended 240 odd behind. 6 sessions left and this only really has one likely result.

Australia lead by 503 runs with 6 wickets remaining

I don't think they'll drop Vilas for bavuma. i know it's just stats, but they've both played about 80 FC games, Vilas averages just above 40, bavuma just below. Vilas has 20 centuries to bavuma's 19. and vilas has had to come down the order and keep as well.

was hoping our spinners could get some way into the indian lineup, but you got to remember they have world class spinners and batsmen who play spin a lot more.

We're really missing steyn hear...going to be a damn interesting series.

For the record Vilas has a double ton as his highest whereas Bavuma has a 160 odd. Bavuma's though was scored against Aus A containing a number of bowlers who have gone on to rep Aus with decent results.

Some poor application from our batsmen making a poor pitch look worse than what it is. Van Zyl and Vilas need to dig in as it's the bowlers who is in next. Here's to hoping they can shut up their detractors!

Big partnership is our only hope! Gooooo boys

Captains very rarely enforce the follow on these days - especially if there's enough time. No one wants to have this massive sized Steve Waugh egg on their face, after this happened.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63920.html

Williamson (who is shaping up to surely be the best kiwi batsman ever) came in first drop and was last man out - but they still ended 240 odd behind. 6 sessions left and this only really has one likely result.

Australia lead by 503 runs with 6 wickets remaining

Yeah it's a big gamble. Glad Kane could dig in. The innings rout was always pinned on him failing which he didn't.

The Aussies will be happy with the way that Burns and Warner have seemingly gelled. Two 100+ opening stands. They will hope they can continue in a similar vein for the next while.

Big partnership is our only hope! Gooooo boys

This one needs to get us as close as they can, but ja big partnerships required!

Van Zyl gone for 36. Just in context that's more than Elgar, Faf, Hash and AB put together for this innings. Rabada has joined Steyn.

Van Zyl gone for 36. Just in context that's more than Elgar, Faf, Hash and AB put together for this innings. Rabada has joined Steyn.

He looked more at home in the middle order. Perhaps our Captain should step up and open with Elgar.

He looked more at home in the middle order. Perhaps our Captain should step up and open with Elgar.

It is an option, just not one I am keen on. Van Zyl wants to open and should be given the opportunity to cement his position or be dropped if he can't perform. He should have to the third test to get a decent score and be part of a series of good opening partnerships with Elgar. If it doesn't happen one can relook at having Hash joining Dean at the top.

It is an option, just not one I am keen on. Van Zyl wants to open and should be given the opportunity to cement his position or be dropped if he can't perform. He should have to the third test to get a decent score and be part of a series of good opening partnerships with Elgar. If it doesn't happen one can relook at having Hash joining Dean at the top.

It seems like more of a case that there is a vacancy for opening and van Zyl applied for the job. Gibbs did the same thing as we historically had (and still have) an over-supply of good middle order batsmen. I'd prefer to see experience opening the batting. Perhaps du Plessis is an option to open.

Disappointing result. We gave India a good measure of their own medicine, but we could have won this one, with a bit of effort. We probably lost the game in the last session of the second day, when they had that partnership that gave them the 100 runs that they ended up beating us with. The batting in our 2nd inning was below par.

I was so hoping that we could give them another hiding, on their own sandpit. It looks as if they will keep preparing big turning wickets, and hoping that they win the toss. That gives them a 50% chance, where a fair wicket prabably leaves them with less tha 50%.

It's been a clear trend where the Proteas struggle to settle in the opener Test of a series.

Having been exposed to this turner, I expect a seriously steely Proteas side.

Jp's all round capabilities will be a major boost as well as Morkel's at-the-throat lengths.

Disappointing result. We gave India a good measure of their own medicine, but we could have won this one, with a bit of effort. We probably lost the game in the last session of the second day, when they had that partnership that gave them the 100 runs that they ended up beating us with. The batting in our 2nd inning was below par.

I was so hoping that we could give them another hiding, on their own sandpit. It looks as if they will keep preparing big turning wickets, and hoping that they win the toss. That gives them a 50% chance, where a fair wicket prabably leaves them with less tha 50%.

I expect flat tracks for the next 3 tests where each side scores 500 plus with not enough time for each to bat twice. India will load up with an extra batsman and we'll counter with an extra bowler.