Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a knock by David Miller?! 100* off 35 balls. Dropped on 0 as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pretty special ja

Way to go Miller

He hadn't even reached 50 when the 18th over started. But once he came on strike for the 19th, he got going against Bangladesh's best pace bowler of the day - Saifuddin - and destroyed his figures from 3-0-22-2 to 4-0-53-2. That over saw five sixes in a row! Let me say it again, the fastest century in T20 internationals and it's also the joint third-fastest in T20s overall, with only Gayle and Symonds above him. Phew!

• 2 weeks later...

looking fwd to some cricket action this summer, cool that RAM gooied them some dollars for the T20 comp.

No, South Africa's domestic 20-over tournament has not stepped into a time machine and traveled back two summers. Yes, the Ram Slam is back.

After the courier company Ram opted not to renew their deal with Cricket South Africa (CSA) last season, it is back as title sponsor and shows no signs of any bitter taste from the match-fixing scandal that blighted the tournament in 2015-16.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21324947/the-south-african-summer-gets-back-track

whilst I was there, I saw this article by Vishal Dikshit http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21337903/how-india-attack-thrives-pressure

• 4 weeks later...

Eng have given themselves a sniff.

Says 138 all out, 354 for victory with plenty of time

Cooke can play 

He is due

But that Kooka' is swinging like Akram has ball in hand 

So,

the RAM SLAM T20 is now down to 4.

From 30 games, 8 were washed out totally. 4 more were reduced to less than 20.

The Dolphins are 2nd on the log, having won 3 out 10 games - but 5 no results!

They have played about 170 overs of cricket, of the 4 scheduled in durbs, only 1 actually had any cricket.

SOOOOO is it not obvious that they need to actually take account of predictable weather in this tournament.

Games on the highveld should be played at lunchtime.

Durban games should have an indoor or layday option!

have more lay days/or options on all of them.

dunno what the rules are for semi's getting washed out.

I do hope people go support this week, CSA needs you there!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8656/report/1124686/

so OZ go 3-0 up.

england look so crap, I reckon they got 3 options.

a)do nothing

b)sort out that ben stokes issue and get him on the park

c)beg KP to get out the commentary box and into whites

So,

the RAM SLAM T20 is now down to 4.

From 30 games, 8 were washed out totally. 4 more were reduced to less than 20.

The Dolphins are 2nd on the log, having won 3 out 10 games - but 5 no results!

They have played about 170 overs of cricket, of the 4 scheduled in durbs, only 1 actually had any cricket.

SOOOOO is it not obvious that they need to actually take account of predictable weather in this tournament.

Games on the highveld should be played at lunchtime.

Durban games should have an indoor or layday option!

have more lay days/or options on all of them.

dunno what the rules are for semi's getting washed out.

I do hope people go support this week, CSA needs you there!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8656/report/1124686/

Furthermore, have TV coverage for all the games. Why do we have 3 games on a Wednesday, 3 on a Friday and then a double header on a Sunday? Do what the IPL and other leagues do and have 6 games from Tuesday to Sunday and ensure that each game get coverage. I agree on the issue around weather. Earlier games for Durbs, Centurion and Wanderers and weather days if needed. On Saturday the Dolphins looked like a side who played very little cricket this season.

Bouch seems to be getting a lot of things right at Centurion. The mass exodus from the Lions in particular to the Titans points to things not being well South of the Jukskei.

I am also wondering what was behind Parnell being dropped from the Cobras side earlier in the season, and then he mysteriously makes an appearance in the Warriors side towards the back end. Was he on loan, was there issues around his contract or perhaps a personality clash?

so OZ go 3-0 up.

england look so crap, I reckon they got 3 options.

a)do nothing

b)sort out that ben stokes issue and get him on the park

c)beg KP to get out the commentary box and into whites

Was so excited for the Ashes

Hoping for a real tough contest

Some bright sparks in the England camp

Disappointingly, there’s no sting in their bowling attack making Steve Smith look like Brian Lara

Furthermore, have TV coverage for all the games. Why do we have 3 games on a Wednesday, 3 on a Friday and then a double header on a Sunday? Do what the IPL and other leagues do and have 6 games from Tuesday to Sunday and ensure that each game get coverage. I agree on the issue around weather. Earlier games for Durbs, Centurion and Wanderers and weather days if needed. On Saturday the Dolphins looked like a side who played very little cricket this season.

Bouch seems to be getting a lot of things right at Centurion. The mass exodus from the Lions in particular to the Titans points to things not being well South of the Jukskei.

I am also wondering what was behind Parnell being dropped from the Cobras side earlier in the season, and then he mysteriously makes an appearance in the Warriors side towards the back end. Was he on loan, was there issues around his contract or perhaps a personality clash?

YES!

uh mean they didn't even seem to have cameras at the other matches, so often there was three games scheduled at nothing on but repeats due to their featured match being under water.

I dunno how much to read into this T20 challenge, as it was not the plan to have proteas available for it from franchises. The titans might still have won it without their proteas, but they do have a lot of them!

Waleed Parnell was dropped, and then on loan at warriors. just like his hairdo, he blows hot and cold.

YES!

uh mean they didn't even seem to have cameras at the other matches, so often there was three games scheduled at nothing on but repeats due to their featured match being under water.

I dunno how much to read into this T20 challenge, as it was not the plan to have proteas available for it from franchises. The titans might still have won it without their proteas, but they do have a lot of them!

Waleed Parnell was dropped, and then on loan at warriors. just like his hairdo, he blows hot and cold.

The gap between the players with national contracts and the franchise players is huge. Fielding in particular was way below standard. No one in the wings at present knocking on the door and this is a concern.

I would have liked to see 1 foreign based player per franchise. It could have evened the playing field somewhat with the Titans and Cobras in particular being loaded with Proteas.