Momentum - let's go green next year!

cat-i

Spent an hour and a half's fuel in traffic to cellect a number for this weekend's riding ... and then i'll have to do the same next week for next weekend's ride.

Let's save the planet next year and have only 1 expo and 1 number collection.

Spent an hour and a half's fuel in traffic to cellect a number for this weekend's riding ... and then i'll have to do the same next week for next weekend's ride.

Let's save the planet next year and have only 1 expo and 1 number collection.

No Gautrain from your neck of the woods then?

No Gautrain from your neck of the woods then?

No gautrain to the registration side's neck of the woods - at least not that i know of :(

No gautrain to the registration side's neck of the woods - at least not that i know of :(

For future reference, the Sunninghill bus from the Midrand station goes straight through the middle between Waterval estate and village. Not sure how close it stops, though.

Not sure that all Capetonians can afford to spend a week in JNB to save you an hour and a half's time in traffic?

Agree that there should be an alternative though.

...and the Argus?

Not sure that all Capetonians can afford to spend a week in JNB to save you an hour and a half's time in traffic?

...and the Argus?

Leeu - I have no idea how the argus work - leave for me is precious, so I've never done the Argus MTB event. I wouldn't have minded the Argus MTB event to be on the same weekend as the roadie ride - that way i could also have done both.

Those numbers must probably also be picked up before the event?

so if you're out of town, like say Saldanha, then it's a long drive down to go fetch the numbers, and next day another drive down to ride ... and the next week repeat for the roadie ride?

ouch :(

Edited by cat-i

...and the Argus?

hmmm the capetonian who come up here to do ONLY the MTB event .... needs to go find some good singletrack and some excellent events in his backyard, me thinks!

while there was some good singletrack and some fun bits, it's not an event that i'll travel far to do ... the number-pickup-traffic this year was enough to make me seriously reconsider if it's worth it :(

Edited by cat-i

Here is a better idea. When will the start to e-mail us our numbers. You print it and pitch up for the ride.

I agree. No more goody bags anyway. And, in other cases - they can make entry fees R20 cheaper and keep the stupid t-shirt that don't fit!

• 9 months later...

Hi all - Just thought you might be interested in something that we've created to promote nature conservation through cycling. You can cycle for panda and planet this year when you do the Momentum 94.7 cycle challenge. By joining the Panda Peloton you get a great Panda cycling shirt and make a difference too through your fundraising. We’d love to welcome you to our team. Read more here: http://www.wwf.org.za/act_now/ridefornature/

Edited by WWF Panda Peloton