Ironman 2008 training

Does anyone know of a cycling club/group in Pretoria (east to be more specific0 that rides during the week.  I am currently training for Ironman 2008 and are in desperate need for time on the road during the week.  I'm too scared to go out on my own, especially after what happened in Zambesi road recently!! I've hooked up with a cycle club but they only ride on Saturdays and another one on Sundays.

hi there. If you need some help with training for triathlons or iron man you send me a email - riana@ifitness.co.za/ I am currently coaching a few athletes for Ironman 2008. hopefully chat to you soon! Riana

hi there. If you need some help with training for triathlons or iron man you send me a email - riana@ifitness.co.za/ I am currently coaching a few athletes for Ironman 2008. hopefully chat to you soon! Riana

Before advertsising services please provide the obligatoryHUBSAapplication form photo.

(the one with you and the couch)

Running Inn had long rides and they also organized a talk or two.  Most of the Ironman hopefuls did long open water swims in the quarry on Friday afternoons.  Unfortunately the quarry is now off limits but I heard that the running <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Inn guys are trying to get access to another venue.  <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

There is also a strong Tri group in Enduro running club.  The nice thing is that you can get both your running and cycling licenses through them.

Good luck it is a lot of training.   Remember it is a non drafting race and you are not allowed to talk to anybody or listen to any music etc in the race so you can just as well get use to ride on your own.   

Yip, Jan left middle of the year.  But the rest of the guys there have done multiple Ironmans.  They also stock Tri wetsuits and other Tri stuff which is hard to find in PTA/JHB area.