Member Pictures: You and/or Your Bike

Matt

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20070803_040640_BMC_00b.jpg 

At long last - the BMC is finished !!!smiley32.gif

I have attached 2 x couch photos for the "couch fetish" peoplesmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

20070803_040822_BMC_00c.jpg

Heres my couch photo:

2005 Giant OCR Zero with new UT Chorus groupset. Wheels are Veloce hubs laced to Alex rims, although i do have Campy neutrons for when i eventually loose 15 kg's.

20070805_105322_IMG_2573.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

20070831_145748_cannon.jpg

Here's one of my babies. Cannondale Scalpel 3000.

SRAM X0 throughout

Rock Shox SID Carbon

Token carbon bar

Ritchey WCS stem

Karbona 145g seatpost

Race Face Deus XC Cranks

XTR pedals

Nokon Cables throughout

SI SLR 165g saddle

American Classic disc wheels

Hayes Carbon disc brakes

Comes to 10.3kg of pure XC pleasure. I'll post my other XC bike and main road bike soon.

What a beaut Azonic!

One question though - is it the angle that of the photo' date=' or is your seat tilted quite far back?

If its not the photo - how on earth do you ride like that [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley29.gif[/img]smiley17.gif

Nope, you are correct. When that picture was taken my saddle was tilted back - that was just after I built it. The saddle has since been lowered a little and centered.

Here's my other XC baby:

20070901_094906_DSC006392.JPG

1999 Trek 8900 SL (resprayed - Eh, it still look good and works great)

1999 Rock Shox Judy SL tuned with Englund Total Air cartridges (lighter than a SID)

SRAM X9 jockey and shifters

KCNC scandium seatpost (155g)

American Classic wheels

Nokon Cables

PRO carbon bar

Titanium front rotor

Titanium bolts here and there

This bike is plenty light. I will be racing it at Karoo 2 Coast, but only with a carbon rigid fork. Hoping for a decent time, not as fit as I was a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

My new/upgraded baby. Full carbon frame (I had Raleigh RC6000) and QRings. I just rode a 50km loop to top of helshoogte and back and my avg speed was 2km faster than previous best. I'm in love smiley9.gif

20070918_101614_bike_sml.JPG

Archived