[Event] Trans Draak 24hr MTB Quest

EcoBound MTB Events

Event Name: Trans Draak 24hr MTB Quest
When: 3 March 2012
Where: Harrismith/Bergville, Freestate
Category: MTB

It is a 24 hour mountain bike event. Teams of 2 - 4 members can enter with a support vehicle who can assist them at the checkpoints along the route. This is an ultra event and not recommended for beginners.

The inaugural Trans Draak 24hr MTB Quest took place on 22 October 2011. According to myth the Dragon cycle of life follows the path of the five elements, fierce as Fire, grounded like the Earth, calm and contemplative as a still Pool, mysterious as the Darkness, and their very presence as ethereal as a gentle Breeze. Participants in the Trans Draak will only conquer the Dragon through believe in their trusty Steed, a Magiclight to fend of the darkness, proper Armour to safeguard you from the Dragons attacks, Fitness and stamina to overcome all five elements, and of course a strong Will and Spirit with a touch of Humour to survive and conquer the mighty Dragon. Participants in the 2011 event experienced the Dragon's presence and fierceness with a strong headwind and a number of veld fires in the area. Some prevailed, but others failed....... It has never been easy to slay a Dragon.........

The Trans Draak 24hr MTB Quest will take you over a route of 210km and a total ascent of 3600m in the Bergville area in KZN and OFS. The support and Checkpoints on-route are superb, nice things to eat, friendly people, and where else can you get a massage at 12:00 at night (with a smile) at a luxury lodge?

The event starts at the quint little town of Swinburne (just of the N3 25km from Harrismith) and finish at the Drakensville ATKV Holiday Resort at Bergville. We invite all you brave hearts to ENTER THE DRAGON!!

Go to Event Page

Are solo entries out of the question?

I asked that before the first one too, never got a reply. Personally I'd love te see more team races offering solo entries..

I asked that before the first one too, never got a reply. Personally I'd love te see more team races offering solo entries..

There's a safety and perfectly logic reason to why you must be in a team.

With the Freedom Challenge you know what you enter for and come prepared for any encounter and know that support is minimal. Many Freedom riders also prefer to ride together in a group. With the Trans Draak support is provided, the pace is quicker and in most cases the route is more treacherous. In addition to this must one not forget the dangers that fatique can manifest (lack of concentration, disorientation, etc) after about 16 hours in the saddle at night time. Safety is therefore the main reason for this being a team event.

Yes, due to it taking place at the wrong time of the year with too many other event clashes during this time. Therefore we have changed the date to 3 March 2012 and hope that the weather will not be a problem. As mentioned on the website, this is definitely not an event for beginners. It is tough, but provide something of everything - district roads, jeep track, single track, and awesome downhills.

Yes, due to it taking place at the wrong time of the year with too many other event clashes during this time. Therefore we have changed the date to 3 March 2012 and hope that the weather will not be a problem. As mentioned on the website, this is definitely not an event for beginners. It is tough, but provide something of everything - district roads, jeep track, single track, and awesome downhills.

To do that climb over that distance must be HECTIC........Its double that of the TB !!What weather problems do you for see rain/flooding ? :o (flipping a coin on this side!!!)

• 2 weeks later...