Silverback 2012 Range

cwisking

hey all,

what do you guys rate of the 2012 silverback range. im looking for a new upgrade next year and thinking of getting a 29'er, possibly one of the vida's, or mercury sport. anybody ridden one of these yet??

im looking at either

Vida 1

or...

mercury comp.

Silverback is great value for money. I got my Giant 29er last night, I thought I was a Sram fan, but 2012 Shimano XT is frikken awesome!

Enjoy and I think Silverback is good value for money.I also need a new bike .Got only one problem Zim dollars :blink:

One thing they've got going for them is value for money. I just bought my girlfriend the Stride 10(entry level bike but fine for the type of riding she will be doing) and there is nothing else in that spec that is close price-wise. I've had my Silverback Sierra for 2.5 years now and very happy. You won't go wrong.

i stay in durbs, so the only place i know is Urban Cycles in umgeni road. no prices yet, i think i should phone them quickly...

SA has a huge Giant clan, but i dnt know what it is, they just do not appeal to me, the anthem looks nice, but not enough for me to buy one. Merida as well, same story.

• 4 weeks later...

Prices (and bikes I assume ;) ) are available at cyclefactory for those in CT. The Vida's start at R5.5k up to R9.3k. http://cyclefactory.co.za/bicycles/silverback.html

I'm also looking for a new weapon. At the moment I'm considering the GT Karakoram 1.0 , the Scott Scale Team and now the Vida 3. (All around the R9k price mark).

I'm trying to get a ride on each one before making my final deceision - not sure if all models are in stock though. But in terms of components, anyone have a view on which offers best value for money?

I thought I was a Sram fan, but 2012 Shimano XT is frikken awesome!

Riding full 2012 XT 2 x 10 on Anthem 29er and 2 x 9 SRAM XO on my Mojo...Shimano will have to go a long way still to rival SRAM's shifting under load and virtual maintenance free setup.

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea when the 2012 Silverback range will be out? Most other brands have been out for some time now.

Upgraded to a Silverback Spectra 3 yesterday. So I guess I'm forced to say I rate them :thumbup:

In my unashamedly biased opinion they are much better value for money than the "bigger" brands if you are looking to spend less than R10K on a bike.

Btw - the prices on the cycle factory website are a good indication, but if you ask around a little you could get them for cheaper.

Edited by Skubarra

ive checked out the vida range at my LBS, and i tell you, compared to the scotts, merida, they are definitely the better spec'd and priced out of the lot. and in the flesh that vida1 looks amazing!!

i was looking at the scott elite as well. but wanted to upgrade the crank to a speed xt crank, but the oke in the shop didnt sound too keen on the idea. he's like i dnt think you would be able to push the gears!.. wtf.

anyways im supa keen on the vida. wanna take one for a test ride soon soon. anyone actually bought one of them yet?