My new toy from Italy

Sandro

Thamks for the positive feedback :thumbup: , just to answer some of your queries..

1- its not my driveway

2- I definitely don't offer a gardening service :lol:

3- I got the bike from the Moser factory in Italy, the seatpost clamp was fitted by them but I can find out where they get it from.

4- I haven't weighed it yet but I will post soon.

The reason I was looking for feedback is that I got hold of them to see if they had a distributor here in SA which they didn't so I ordered direct from them and they have asked me if I'm interested in distributing here. The frame and build quaity is definitely there, pricing is obviously the most important consideration and its difficult to compare apples with apples with competing brands. There are 5 carbon ranges, 1 aluminium, 1 aluminium/carbon mix and even a steel replica of the original Leader AX from the 80's with Columbus Genius tubing. The 001 is their top frame which is 100% hand made in Italy and custom built to spec. Available with Shimano, Sram Red or Campagnolo (or frame only), although I must say pricing is actually in favour of fitting Campagnolo.

Thamks for the positive feedback :thumbup: , just to answer some of your queries..

1- its not my driveway

3- I got the bike from the Moser factory in Italy, the seatpost clamp was fitted by them but I can find out where they get it from.

The reason I was looking for feedback is that I got hold of them to see if they had a distributor here in SA which they didn't so I ordered direct from them and they have asked me if I'm interested in distributing here. The frame and build quaity is definitely there, pricing is obviously the most important consideration and its difficult to compare apples with apples with competing brands. There are 5 carbon ranges, 1 aluminium, 1 aluminium/carbon mix and even a steel replica of the original Leader AX from the 80's with Columbus Genius tubing. The 001 is their top frame which is 100% hand made in Italy and custom built to spec. Available with Shimano, Sram Red or Campagnolo (or frame only), although I must say pricing is actually in favour of fitting Campagnolo.

Great opportunity dude!

Best of luck. Like you said, pricing is paramount and the only other handmade Italian bikes are very $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So if you can undercut them and showcase the brand well, you're in!

1- its not my driveway

Did you have to pay 40% + import duty on the bike or did you bring it in knocked down?

Edited by Pusher

Did you have to pay 40% + import duty on the bike or did you bring it in knocked down?

Budgeted for VAT plus import duties of 15% etc. but when I was shopping around for air freight pricing I was asked if I had a EUR1 certificate and I didn't even know what that was? Later on I saw that the factory had issued it on collection and I only had to pay 1.95% duty because of it. Apparently this has to do with a trade agreement between SA and Europe and the supplier just has to sign the declaration that the goods do in fact originate from Europe. Bearing in mind that I did stipulate that it was a complete bike and not parts or spares etc. because I didn't want it sitting in customs so everything was done above board in fact.

Budgeted for VAT plus import duties of 15% etc. but when I was shopping around for air freight pricing I was asked if I had a EUR1 certificate and I didn't even know what that was? Later on I saw that the factory had issued it on collection and I only had to pay 1.95% duty because of it. Apparently this has to do with a trade agreement between SA and Europe and the supplier just has to sign the declaration that the goods do in fact originate from Europe. Bearing in mind that I did stipulate that it was a complete bike and not parts or spares etc. because I didn't want it sitting in customs so everything was done above board in fact.

NEAT