a new project - Viner Track Frame

Tuxstir

So yesterday i finally got my Viner Track frame.

after coming to the conclusion that my previous fixie project was just a wee bit to small for me.

so now i have my frame

post-12682-0-35089500-1321694617.jpeg

list of parts i need

well basically everything.

head set 1'

old school Stem or Stem adapter and Stem

handle bars.

bar tape

front brake ( I' see the fork has a hole for a brake )

crankset 165mm

chain

wheelset

saddle

seatpost

now i do have a 28 spoke rim, and hub for the front wheel, just need to get spokes and a campy axle.

and a 40 spoke rim which i could use for the rear wheel just need a 40 spoke flip/flop or track hub....anyone?

front brake and handlebar/stem i'm sure i could steal frome the misses unbuilt road frame

• 2 weeks later...

ok so stuffing around on the pc.

and came across a little app that you can preview designs on how your fixie will look.

this is mine with the parts about to be ordered soon.

original frame colour just parts added.

post-12682-0-85283200-1322597424.jpg

• 10 months later...

so finally got it rideable...

not quite finished yet... first things to change will be a more rideable gear ratio...

post-12682-0-30256300-1350146013_thumb.jpg

and also going to trim the bars down.

post-12682-0-78169100-1350146196_thumb.jpg

there was a grey viner fram with big orange wheel and track bars... but otherwise not know of.

Ah, that weird disc with the holes in?

Could be, I just remembered the Viner and the same (similar) size frame.

Can I ask a question, why do you guys put different wheels on your bikes? I mean almost every example you see has a aero wheel front, and a pretty standard wheel back. Why is that?

Can I ask a question, why do you guys put different wheels on your bikes? I mean almost every example you see has a aero wheel front, and a pretty standard wheel back. Why is that?

for me personally , its a simple solution, the back wheel i have is one i built up. and seen as its a 40 spoke wheel, the rim is what i could get. but the front wheel is something i have lying around.(also a odd wheel)

I would love a set of aerospoke wheels but, for me the whole idea of a fixie is a budget bike that should not cost a fortune, using odd bits of unwanted/ used bike bits.

a lot of the stuff I have used here is either bits from other bikes that have been upgraded, or stuff I have in my bin of bike spares, not much I got specifically for the bike.

for me personally , its a simple solution, the back wheel i have is one i built up. and seen as its a 40 spoke wheel, the rim is what i could get. but the front wheel is something i have lying around.(also a odd wheel)

I would love a set of aerospoke wheels but, for me the whole idea of a fixie is a budget bike that should not cost a fortune, using odd bits of unwanted/ used bike bits.

a lot of the stuff I have used here is either bits from other bikes that have been upgraded, or stuff I have in my bin of bike spares, not much I got specifically for the bike.

I figured for you that was the case.

I'm to OCD. I'd have to have symmetry.

Yikes! You have one of those weird discs too. Sorry.

Um, the medicross, and the house with yellowed newspaper in the windows?

That Viner looks like my old frame I sold a while ago.

Its a frame I Bought end of last year, from Emile

Could be, sold it around mid last year. freekin huge frame that. but what a bike.

yeah a huge frame, but then i had to raise the seat about a inch from whats in the pic to get my correct height..

but what a frame.. i did rollers last night on it.. and wow comfy of note.. normally do rollers on my road bike....... not any more lol.

i know remember why i prefer steel frames over aluminum frames...

• 2 weeks later...