Injuries

E-man

Hello what is best to use for a calf injury? Been to the physio but its more of the same and the bill is getting to big!

For the outside i have the following :

Arnica cooling gel

Arnica massage gel

Deep heat

Trans act

From inside

myprodol capsules

Norflex

Pannamor/voltaren

What is the best to use a couple of days before the event and which is the best durning the event?

Edited by E-man

I say drink the arnica and rub the cataflams on your calve. That's much more sensible than doing the event with a known injury.

calves respond well to kenesio taping

the last thing you want to hear is probably the best advice!

dont race with an injury .... rest it

Rest and don't do the event.

I'm doing the race have 5 weeks to rest after Sunday so missing it is not option. . .just want to know which product is best

Acupuncture could help.

Physio tried this, rest is probably my best bet but really don't want to miss this race

My chiro gave me advice once for my knee (ITB) and that was to use Traumeel tablets 2-3 days before the ride and during the ride.

However that is a NATURAL anti-inflammatory. If you need all the things you specified above, you should not be riding.

Edited by Ratty

Physio tried this, rest is probably my best bet but really don't want to miss this race

Best bet is to miss the race. The race itself could cause far more damage, and result in permanent problems.

Rest, damnit!

Hello what is best to use for a calf injury? Been to the physio but its more of the same and the bill is getting to big!

*too

I'm doing the race have 5 weeks to rest after Sunday so missing it is not option. . .just want to know which product is best

You might not finish the event and need 6 months for it to heal afterwards....is it worth it?

You might not finish the event and need 6 months for it to heal afterwards....is it worth it?

That is what i told myself before the DC. . .