[Event] Bicycling 24-Hour MTB - Omni-Motion

Ridemyplanet

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember those days and I remember that 17km lap (pretty damn fast). When lights were either unreliable or mostly useless. I had one of those 10W + 5W Sigma sets. Guys would wait for you to come past and then jump in behind you - until you heard them crashing out... laugh.png

I used an Exposure light and for reasons unknown the batter said cheers, I ended up using the Sigma you are referring to and survived from 11. pm. till 4 am. with one of those on low setting and a spare battery.

I used an Exposure light and for reasons unknown the batter said cheers, I ended up using the Sigma you are referring to and survived from 11. pm. till 4 am. with one of those on low setting and a spare battery.

The 1kg lead aid battery was state of the art :lol:. Thank goodness for cellphones which has revolutionised battery technology.

What does the cheese challenge entail?

This, I'm guessing, will unique to Van Gaalens and something Erik dreamt up over a couple of beers one evening.

I'm still using that Sigma 5W + 10W light setup. The battery now does about 1hr on the low setting. My plan on the night laps is to go slow until someone with a Magicshine catches up to me, and then speed up a bit.

That, or get too dopped to ride at night...

I'm still using that Sigma 5W + 10W light setup. The battery now does about 1hr on the low setting. My plan on the night laps is to go slow until someone with a Magicshine catches up to me, and then speed up a bit.

That, or get too dopped to ride at night...

That never works, you need light, trust me on this.

I know, I fell myself moertoe at Rietvlei 2 years ago. But I'm too tight to spend bucks on something that I'll use only once a year.

So my R30 light I bought on the net is a big no no?

I know, I fell myself moertoe at Rietvlei 2 years ago. But I'm too tight to spend bucks on something that I'll use only once a year.

Work like this. Buy a good light and start riding more at night. :D

Work like this. Buy a good light and start riding more at night. biggrin.png

I dunno, I figure R1000 I don't spend on a light is R1000 closer to a new wheelset. That and riding around at night is 'kaksoek'w00t.gif

You are overlooking an obvious solution. Ride more at night. No sunburn. Awesome vibe. Increase in perceived speed. Skills improve.Old trails feel new. You don't overheat so fatigue is less.

I'm doing my 3rd night ride this week. Did 4 last week.