[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic 2012

Supervan

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI

They seeded me in VA but I don't want to finish last. So I got 2 options either drop back to BL or start in VA and see what happens.

Is there anybody in VA with a seeding higher than 17? (You can pm me if you are shy)

Thanks

i got a late entry but starting in IL at 8:00, happy i got a start but sad about my time :(

i noticed on the seeding site that it says only 1 race... :( how long would it take to reflect Emperors and Berg & Dale results? that would definitely improve my seeding

i got a late entry but starting in IL at 8:00, happy i got a start but sad about my time :(

i noticed on the seeding site that it says only 1 race... :( how long would it take to reflect Emperors and Berg & Dale results? that would definitely improve my seeding

A late entry will have you slotted at the back no matter what your index is. The orgs cannot slot late entries into seeded batches as they have already allocated the numbers per batch, its ok to slip in a few riders but what would happen if a sizable number of riders that fall in a seeded group suddenly enter.

The seeding ladder also can only be updated when the event orgs sign off the results as correct.

A late entry will have you slotted at the back no matter what your index is. The orgs cannot slot late entries into seeded batches as they have already allocated the numbers per batch, its ok to slip in a few riders but what would happen if a sizable number of riders that fall in a seeded group suddenly enter.

The seeding ladder also can only be updated when the event orgs sign off the results as correct.

Seeding was done based on results for the past 2 years.

The single race you're referring to is the 1 race added/deleted from the seeding list Cycle Events manages.

We didn't use Cycle Events for online entries (as you know), which means we can't use them for seeding either.

With regards to race numbers there are a few extra numbers per batch and these are to be used for "re-seeding" as well as "late entries". By the time most of the re-seeding is done (on request at registration only), and the large number of late entries (that's why IL was created), there are very little "exta" numbers left.

Edited by geraldm24

A warning from City Power for anyone with an electric alarm clock:

City Power will be cutting the power in most of our Ward as well as many of the surrounding suburbs from 11pm on Saturday 25th Feb to 5am on Sunday 26th Feb. Power may come on earlier than this; or it may be delayed and extend further into the morning. This is to conduct routine maintenance on the various sub-stations in the area. Please treat all outlets as live and remember to make arrangements re your security systems and electronic gates. Affected suburbs: Chislehurst, Houghton Estate, Hyde Park, Illovo, Melrose, Sandhurst, Emmarentia, Forest Town, Greenside, Greenside East, Linden, Parkview, Westcliff, Blairgowrie, Pine Park, Pierneef Park, Victory Park, Parkhurst, Craighall Park, Parktown North, Dunkeld, Dunkeld West, Rosebank, Parkwood and Saxonwold.

Good luck to everyone riding tomorrow, keep it safe on the route and see you all back at the finish safe and sound.

What great race!

very well organised, marshalled and i love the signs telling you how far still to go...

a little tougher than i expected with the undulating terrain (i got popped off the back of the lead A bunch just outside heidelberg) but happy with my time none-the-less @ 2hrs33min

*only gripe is that the start/finish was a little far from the parking for the spectators (my old man at 63 with his bum hip couldnt watch the winners sprints etc... same story as last week at the burning dale)

but ja, otherwise a great event. Congrats to the organisers!

The SMS with race time is a nice touch ChampionChip! :thumbup:

Fell back to BL, as AL with surplus elites(Non-top club riders) would have been too hot for me.

However BL decided to rather have tea instead of riding their bikes :devil:

I tried to pull the bunch a few times, but every time I swing off nobody comes through to pull (Not even for 30 seconds?). Everybody was just sitting, waiting for somebody else to do the work up front. I gave up and just tried to stay out of trouble in the end.

Maybe the organisers should put the ladies ahead of BL, giving the guys something to chase :whistling:

Happy with my time in the end, slightly faster than 2010 when I could not hang onto the BL bunch.

Kudos to ChampionChip again, results are up!

Edited by HEman

Was 'n gr8 day out! Very well organized!

Was riding very nicely with the front A bunch when I got nailed at 88k's. Did a super fast tire change and got caught by Audible Anarchy's group at 3k's to go, managed a 2:33.

Will be there next year!

The SMS with race time is a nice touch ChampionChip! :thumbup:

Kudos to ChampionChip again, results are up!

That's what part of your entry fee went towards - value added service.

On behalf of the organisers, helpers, marshals and everyone else behind the scenes, we'd like to thank you (the Cyclists) for your participating in the race today. Without your support this race would not be the success it is - see you all again in 2013.

If you were one of the unlucky souls that crashed today, hope you have a speedy recovery and get back on the bike sooner than later.

That's what part of your entry fee went towards - value added service.

A value add that added real value! Thanks geraldm24!

As in the past - great race. Good marchalling - motorbikes a definite must for all races. Saw more accidents than previous years but my opinion is that it is the fault of the cyclist. No patience - in big bunches try to pass over white line, and then when cars comes from the front we just have to make place irrespective that the left side is already full.

Heman, I assume that you are the rider in the standard bank kit? Also started in BL and went to the front twice in the beginning - but soon realised that the organisation of a pace line is not going to work - so I just had a good ride.

Well done everyone - this is a superb race - along the whole route - marshalling is top notch guys - well done all involved hats off to you and than x for an awesome ride!