ASG Trans Baviaans 24hr MTB Marathon 2012

EcoBound MTB Events

Typical cyclist, 79 days to go......... Cant wait to *** off again.

Lewe jy nog?Saamt wie ry jy die jaar?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went online on Friday to enter this event, only to realise that the entries have already closed. If there's anyone with a entry who won't be able to make the race, PLEASE contact me urgently.

Myself and 3 friends have entered our first Trans Baviaans! Really looking forward to it, the next 2 months of training are going to be tough...

Can anyone offer some advice as to what spare parts we should be taking with? For a team of 4?

Myself and 3 friends have entered our first Trans Baviaans! Really looking forward to it, the next 2 months of training are going to be tough...

Can anyone offer some advice as to what spare parts we should be taking with? For a team of 4?

Good for you!Going to be fun.

Well you will need a chain breaker + power link if your chain breaks, gator kit, one spare tube per person + puncture repair kit, chainlube wet and dry, multi tool, pump + Co2 Bombs + adapter!, and maybe one set of break pads if it's a wet Baviaans.Spare batteries for you head lights

Then theirs the first aid kit, make sure you have the right pain pills and cramp stop that works for you and that you have tried before

Good for you!Going to be fun.

Well you will need a chain breaker + power link if your chain breaks, gator kit, one spare tube per person + puncture repair kit, chainlube wet and dry, multi tool, pump + Co2 Bombs + adapter!, and maybe one set of break pads if it's a wet Baviaans.Spare batteries for you head lights

Then theirs the first aid kit, make sure you have the right pain pills and cramp stop that works for you and that you have tried before

Thanks Dude! Will have to start experimenting with those pills (wow that sounds dodge...)

Good for you!Going to be fun. Well you will need a chain breaker + power link if your chain breaks, gator kit, one spare tube per person + puncture repair kit, chainlube wet and dry, multi tool, pump + Co2 Bombs + adapter!, and maybe one set of break pads if it's a wet Baviaans.Spare batteries for you head lights Then theirs the first aid kit, make sure you have the right pain pills and cramp stop that works for you and that you have tried before

Easier on the liver/kidneys and cheaper on the wallet to just train enough!

Edited by RoboCyclist

Easier on the liver/kidneys and cheaper on the wallet to just train enough!

Yeah but I get head aches quite allot from nothing at all and last year during the Baviaans I got one and man was I thankful for having pills.And lots of people suffer from cramps so don't rule that out.

• 2 weeks later...

how accessable are the support stations? do you need a 4x4 or will a normal car survive?

I assume you are not driving through the Kloof?

Normal car will be fine for that.

How many checkpoints can the support vehicles meet us at?

2 checkpoints.... the one near Patensie and the one after Never Ender and then its on to the finish.

2 checkpoints.... the one near Patensie and the one after Never Ender and then its on to the finish.

Thanks - thats what I'd heard, I just didnt want to believe it. Looks like it was a waste of money getting the jaccuzi fitted in the back of the 4x4 now.

Had to give up on my Trans 2012 dream this week :( after being sick for 2 months and now having German measles, I would have had to start training from scratch a month before the time....VERY sad! Next year I hope!