ASG Trans Baviaans 24hr MTB Marathon 2012

EcoBound MTB Events

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets first see what the rain does the coming weekends. We can only hope!

I have just spoken with people in the Kloof. Sounds as if the damage is not too bad. Said we could ride there this week end. :clap: :clap:

Please keep the rest of us posted!! The thought of LangsBaviaans again doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling...

Please keep the rest of us posted!! The thought of LangsBaviaans again doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling...

how different is the langsbaviaans?

doing my first TB.

It's this different....

Much more undulating.... the descent to checkpoint 3 was treacherous (IMO) and the climb up to checkpoint 3 was no joke. To carry on climbing for another 15-20kays after checkpoint 3 was very disheartening. It took me 3 hours longer than the other route. I'm probably not the best example though because I'm a back-of-the-packer ;-)

post-2276-0-12182000-1342794867.jpg

It's this different....

Much more undulating.... the descent to checkpoint 3 was treacherous (IMO) and the climb up to checkpoint 3 was no joke. To carry on climbing for another 15-20kays after checkpoint 3 was very disheartening. It took me 3 hours longer than the other route. I'm probably not the best example though because I'm a back-of-the-packer ;-)

post-2276-0-12182000-1342794867.jpg

Very good description Nancy! Last year was my first one! Wish I can do the real thing this year. It took us about 4hours to get out of "suicide gorge" (as we call it) If only checkpoint 3 was on the top of the climb. Anyway, I hope and pray that it will be the old route this year.

Looks like its all downhill to me.....

Yep - Just like Sani2C, there's no climbing at all..... I mean, we DO start above sea level and end up at sea level after all. Must be downhill ;)

Anyone in the Jeffreys area training for the Baviaans? Just moved here and would like to join. Looking at doing a sub 15 this year.

Very good description Nancy! Last year was my first one! Wish I can do the real thing this year. It took us about 4hours to get out of "suicide gorge" (as we call it) If only checkpoint 3 was on the top of the climb. Anyway, I hope and pray that it will be the old route this year.

It was a killer to get to checkpoint 3. We thought is was over after the checkpoint. It was only the beginning of that horrible climb. I moered down in that mud 1km out of the checkpoint. It was a long cold miserable ride to checkpoint 4. But I would do it all again tomorrow if I could. Nothing like the TB

My motivering is die sosaties en wors by checkpoint 3 met die oorspronklike roete. Min dae.

We had some serious rain today here in CT. If it reaches Baviaans things might become very interesting for the organisers....

Anyone in the Jeffreys area training for the Baviaans? Just moved here and would like to join. Looking at doing a sub 15 this year.

Speak to Joshua at Jbay cycles.... :thumbup: