best option for a bottle on the seat post

rock

thanks yall, do I need to remove my seat post to fit the topeak goodie? would like the idea if i don't have to fiddle with anything to mount the extra cage as I will only use it for those (very) long days......

Nope. There are two hex bolts. The one you can see and the other is accessed once you take the cage mount off the post mount. That loosens the shiny metal bit which you wrap around the post, thread it back, and wrench the bolt back in. Reattach the cage mount.

Hope that makes sense.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW... will it me on a mtb or road? make sure the cage you put on there hold your bottles firmly.. no use if a full bottle hops out on a rough trail early on your ride.. i lost so many bottles on the pioneer out of fancy carbon cages.. even the specialized cages i swear by have lost some bottles

not for 31.6mm tho?

i got for a 31.6 seatpost at bridge cycles, last time i checked they still had in stock

I know its a crime against fashion but whats the best way to fit a bottle cage to my seatpost.......?

thanks

Specialized sell a set of clamps which you put on your seatpost and then attach the cage to it. I think it is the lightest and best looking option. I have it on to hold my spares in a tub. Most guys who stock Specialized have them.

That's at the shop I work in on Saturdays, but that's in Benoni. Sorry…

It'll only cost an extra 10 bucks or so to post to CT.

SPECIALIZED REAR CAGE MOUNT MTB

Make sue to get a Specialized Rib cage aswell and you will never loose you bottle too! :thumbup:

Should be able to get them from a reputable LBS that stock Specialized.

+1

The worst thing that can happen is if you have some cheap contraption that does not hold the bottle properly, saw so many water bottles that fell off at the CE last year and often the riders dont realise that it has fallen off until they look for it. Sometimes you see guys with all sorts of gimmicks made from rubber or elastic holding the bottle in because they know the bottle is going to fall off....

So make sure you get something proper and test it out.

I used those Specialized ones with the specialized cage as above and never had a problem, no rubber band crap required.

Yes you will need to remove the seat post to fit the specialized type of clamp.

Edited by SwissVan

what ever you use, make sure that it holds your bottle tightly, seen lots of guys lose bottle there on races.

wont your legs rub on the bottle/cage if its on the s/post.......

Ive got dik legs and they dont rub, comes close but never felt it rub.

Another thing, try place the cage low as possible so that the top of the bottle stays below the seat...nothing worse than having to "hurdle" over your water bottle everytime you get on / off.

Camelbaks thingy's are great cuase you can carry so much other crap as well but sometimes you cant carry a lot of water and other crap and still need the 2nd water bottle. Some folks dont like a bag on the back, personal choice thing...

Nope. There are two hex bolts. The one you can see and the other is accessed once you take the cage mount off the post mount. That loosens the shiny metal bit which you wrap around the post, thread it back, and wrench the bolt back in. Reattach the cage mount.

Hope that makes sense.

this works well. and you can fit your standard bottle cage on. Easy to fit. helped a guy fit one on his seatpost in the start shute of the 2011 Argus....... i got one on my daughters handle bar of her bike (small kiddies bike) attached a Carbon holder :) and she is over the moon......

where to get them.. try Crown cycles..... 021 671 6382. not sure what i paid for it but cant be much ....

......but it really doesn't look cool....

Jaa and it adds weight, only to be used on those looong rides