Large XXLL Thick MTB Grips - Where can they be found?

Skylark

Where can I find very thick mtb grips?

I have quite large hands and my fingers just touch my palms around my grips and generally all the grips I've encountered from the LBS don't feel like there's enough to hold onto.

I use Peaty grips at the moment and they just way to skinny.

http://www.calgarycycleonline.com/images/W/lizard-skins-peaty-graphite-L.jpg

All LBS I've asked for thick chunky grips give me the skew eyed LBS stare - these are the only size avail in the whole world bro , whats wrong with you??

Those LBS guys!!! whistling.gif

What about using road bar tape? Do mulitple layers.

Thought about that but its not really feasible - bar tape is expensive and its not going to stay put for too long especially at the bar end .

Ergon grips are nice but I want normal fully round grips , and ergon grips almost cost more than my bars at the LBS!!!!

www.superstarcomponents.com have grips for yeti's

"Oversize custom design grip from Superstar, designed to be perfect for people with larger hands. 150mm wide 34mm diameter"

Mmm must be baby yeti's becuase they are only 34mm...

ESI grips are available in Chunky...

ESI grips are available in Chunky - 32mm

Wtf my Peaty's are 32mm and they not anything especially thick

I'm probably looking for 40mm or bigger, yeah 40mm would probably do the trick

The problem lies not with the grip manufacturers, but more with those spades you call hands w00t.gif

Try the bar tape option. You get cheap bar tape that will give you an idea if it will work for you or not. Other than that if you can find a good old fashioned shoe maker I wonder if he/she can make you a custom set of grips in leather?

The problem lies not with the grip manufacturers, but more with those spades you call hands w00t.gif

Try the bar tape option. You get cheap bar tape that will give you an idea if it will work for you or not. Other than that if you can find a good old fashioned shoe maker I wonder if he/she can make you a custom set of grips in leather?

Thats actually quite a solid idea , leather overlays for normal grips - just slip them over ..... mmm I have some leather been saving for a rainy day

Or - wind 2 (or more) layers of insulation tape around your bars and then fit the ESI chunky grips over the tape.

For interest sake: ODI makes three thicknesses. In increasing order:

• Ruffian
  • Rogue
  • Yeti hardcore

Appears that they are not increasing in size but rather hardness of the compound :

"Somewhere in between the ultra hard Ruffian and the super soft Yeti Hardcore is the Rogue. Soft grooved tread provide grip and comfort in all conditions"

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=399

Just cut off the ends of your fingers dude - problem solved!

I always like the beautiful simplicity of common sense - however I do like the current length of my fingers so thats not really a feasible option