The Hub SA Endomondo Challenges

Disylizzy

But I am busy peaking for Fun Ride World Champs - perhaps next month when I have a free weekend ;)

So I best make 'hay while the sun shines' the next 2 weeks :devil:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the comparison when I changed it (although it seems I've screwed up something somewhere when I changed it back :eek: ) Hopefully it'll get sorted soon... :unsure:

post-12560-0-59725200-1330507512.jpg

I see I moved from 12th to 11th, so I'm happy with the changes :clap:

I see I moved from 12th to 11th, so I'm happy with the changes :clap:

OK I see there is now a time based challenge as well. Thanks for that, I just joined it. Isn't Endomondo a great motivational tool?

Results:

MTB:

To Date:

Rory M 2336.15km

Martin V 2171.27km

Craig B 1514.99km

February:

Rory M 1090.03km

Reyners B 800.31km

Martin V 758.44km

Hub Challenge Feb MTB.pdf

Road:

To Date:

CVANC 4086.65km

Tankman 1736.35km

Clive F 1566.26km

February:

CVANC 1940.4km

Heinrich V 1289.52km

Tankman 1215.64km

Hub Challenge Feb ROAD.pdf

Commute:

To Date:

David B 1269.61km

Dave T 864.82km

Michael D 863.2km

February:

David B 760.37km

Thinus M 679.62km

Dave T 518.02km

Hub Challenge Feb COMMUTE.pdf

Running:

To Date:

Vuyo 390.41km

Brendon L 343.41km

Silvan 242.09km

February:

Silvan 103.69km

Dunwiel 92.75km

Pronutro 84.88km

Hub Challenge Feb RUN.pdf

Swimming:

To Date:

Jarek S 62.15km

Hannes D 40.75km

Dunwiel 31km

February:

DisyLizzy 19.75km

Hannes D 15km

Grondpad 4.3km

Hub Challenge Feb SWIM.pdf

Most KM's

To Date:

CVANC 4086.65km

Franco F 2539.18km

Rory M 2361.5km

February:

Rory M 1093.69km

TNOSE 978.7km

BigBen 958.51km

Hub Challenge Feb MOST KM.pdf

Most Time:

CVANC 140:43:29

BigBen 107:15:17

Dane W 89:01:38

Hub Challenge Feb MOST TIME.pdf

Stats:

MTB:

Hubbers 103 (23 increase)

Distance 47264 km

ROAD:

Hubbers 48 (11 increase)

Distance 36771km

COMMUTING:

Hubbers 18 (5 increase)

Distance 7376km

RUNNING:

Hubbers 24 (11 increase)

Distance 2894km

SWIMMING:

Hubbers 14 (8 increase)

Distance 223km

MOST KM's

Hubbers 41 (10 increase)

Distance 47591km

Ok, it's seems I'm either dumb enough or a sucker for punishment. But I've added another one for most time working out:

http://www.endomondo...llenges/3924269

Figured it'd be easier than changing back and forth and having the program freak out on me again!

Good one!

I think this debate around time is a waste - it should be based on distance because that is what you ride - you don't ride a 3:15 hour race and stop when you hit the target time - you ride a 123Km race - the time you take is up to your strength and how you feel on the day (and technicals you may pick up along the way).

Just my 5c

Good one!

I think this debate around time is a waste - it should be based on distance because that is what you ride - you don't ride a 3:15 hour race and stop when you hit the target time - you ride a 123Km race - the time you take is up to your strength and how you feel on the day (and technicals you may pick up along the way).

Just my 5c

So Roadbikers, MTBrs, runners and swimmers will do the same distance in that 3:15? #justmy5c ;)

Good one!

Just my 5c

Totally agreed

Good one!

I think you missed my point - I only wanted a time based challenge when lumping all sports together - making it easier to compare the effort people are putting into different sports. If you only ride on the road - please ignore this conversation...

Anyway, all my training is time based (and yours should be too). If the program says do 4 hours, I do 4 hours, even if it means riding around the block 5 times to get the extra 3 minutes.

So Roadbikers, MTBrs, runners and swimmers will do the same distance in that 3:15? #justmy5c ;)

Fair enough - MTB do it for distance too - 45Km / 60Km race.

BUT that is why there are separate challenges for the different disciplines don't you think. I'll see your 5c and raise another 10c :P ;)

If you want to compare the separate challenges to each other, then going by time is the most correct way of doing it.

I think you missed my point - I only wanted a time based challenge when lumping all sports together - making it easier to compare the effort people are putting into different sports. If you only ride on the road - please ignore this conversation...

Anyway, all my training is time based (and yours should be too). If the program says do 4 hours, I do 4 hours, even if it means riding around the block 5 times to get the extra 3 minutes.

+1 I agree fully with that, within each discipline by distance is fine with me!

ummm...... I don't ride to a program. I ride when I feel like it, how I feel in the day and as far (or short) as I like.

See my later post re time - agree with you there. If comparing the different disciplines, then time based is the way to go.

Yeah, I am a purist - I only ride road. LOL! Would love to start swimming again, but time is not on my side.

DissyLizzy Thanks for all the effort. I can see it took quite a bit of time to compile on the information. Well done! :clap: Must say it is a great motivation and I have often been tempted to ride longer just for the sake of the challenge. However, I don't want to mess up my Argus training at the moment. :lol:

You want change.

...and then elevation is not even part of the formula! :nuke: (Not that my elevations reflect correctly once uploaded on Endomondo - somehow...)

No, not suggesting a new challenge, just saying even on my mtb I can do 2 vastly differing 20k's. So why worry about splitting hair - it's for fun anyways! But bugger me, there's people with a lot more time to train out here than me! :eek: