Best 29'er for +/- R25k

Azonic

Hi Jacquers---what upgrades will you recommend on this bike ?

Wheels, perhaps if you are into racing. But the stock components aren't too bad. I'd be happy with it. Tubeless conversion would definitely be a plus.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Giant anthem o 29 R27000.duel sus rockshock sid,2x10 Xt .great geometry ,12kg for xl bike.Read the reviews!

I just bought a new 2012 Cannondale 29er Flash 1 Alloy as a training bike for R21k(barends,egg beaters, saddle bag, tubeless conversion and cordless cateye costed me another R2k) and it rides much better than my 2011 Cannondale RZ120-one which retails for R48k(stock standard with Carbon Lefty) was suppose to be my racing bike. But the Flash is much lighter, climbs easier and much more fun. So my racing bike will become my training MTB and visa versa, I can really recommend the Alloy Flash 1 in that price range!!! (I use to be an anti-29er fan but now believe that each bike has it's place and it certainly has having best of both...)

Gnarly, you were right: The Scott Sark 29 Pro goes for R33400, the Expert is R26400 and the Elite is R18400.

The Pro and the Elite have the carbon frame and are well specced.

Bought my Scott 29er Pro for R26500,00 canttell you where as I will have to kill you then lol? Awesome bike and superlight!

I just bought a new 2012 Cannondale 29er Flash 1 Alloy as a training bike for R21k(barends,egg beaters, saddle bag, tubeless conversion and cordless cateye costed me another R2k) and it rides much better than my 2011 Cannondale RZ120-one which retails for R48k(stock standard with Carbon Lefty) was suppose to be my racing bike. But the Flash is much lighter, climbs easier and much more fun. So my racing bike will become my training MTB and visa versa, I can really recommend the Alloy Flash 1 in that price range!!! (I use to be an anti-29er fan but now believe that each bike has it's place and it certainly has having best of both...)

Where did you buy your Flash

Unbelievable this is my thoughts aswell, I had a R45000 carbon 29er and it did not ride nearly as nice as my Flash alloy 1 29er.

Edited by koukie

Merida Big Nine 3000 carbon 9.4kg

Are you sure about this weight? The bike comes with pedals (and a 30 speed drivetrain), so I'm guessing you included this when you weighed it. What size?

I will be seriously impressed if this is the weight of the bike with only sealant and bottle cages required.Price?

• 2 months later...

Unbelievable this is my thoughts aswell, I had a R45000 carbon 29er and it did not ride nearly as nice as my Flash alloy 1 29er.

I'm seriously considering the Flash alloy 1 29er as a training bike, everybody seems to love the bike.

But what im wondering is shoud i get the alloy 1 or just go flash 3 carbon ( is it worth the extra 7k?)

You can get the scott scale 29 expert for 19 k @ our LBS in potch .. That leaves you with 6k for upgrades

Remember you'll be riding it so buy what suit u best. All the advice given take it and go out and test some of them and then make up your mind