Trials in Gauteng

Peach.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

These are newb questions so happy to take any fire/ flack/ abuse/ etc thrown if necessary.

1) I'm interested in getting into trials riding but am a complete beginner. I've been riding MTB for a while and have a decent skill level but the challenge of trials looks cool. What is the best way/ place to start doing this sort of riding?

2) I don't have a trials bike (yet). Would a service-able alternative be a small 26" mtb but running single speed, wide bars etc work in the interim? At least until I have the moolah to get a real trials bike?

Thanks in advance

Hey.

1) The best thing about trials is you can ride on everything you see. So you can start anywhere, get up and down curbs etc then go higher and bigger.

2) you can start on any small hardtail frame, we have a few guys starting off now using jump bikes. Trials bikes should be available in SA from April or so

Hi

These are newb questions so happy to take any fire/ flack/ abuse/ etc thrown if necessary.

1) I'm interested in getting into trials riding but am a complete beginner. I've been riding MTB for a while and have a decent skill level but the challenge of trials looks cool. What is the best way/ place to start doing this sort of riding?

2) I don't have a trials bike (yet). Would a service-able alternative be a small 26" mtb but running single speed, wide bars etc work in the interim? At least until I have the moolah to get a real trials bike?

Thanks in advance

Basically what Letum911 said.

for the first year or so all you need is a bike, any bike will do but preferably 1 size smaller frame or a DJ bike.

It takes a while to build up your confidence, practicing getting onto small ledges and your balance.

If you runn SS on 26" the preferred ratio for Trials is 22-18, but there is no issue with running gears, you might just break a few hangers :blink:

There is a ride this Sunday in Hatfield PTA 8:30 ill post the add later :clap:

There are some cool things to ride in the gardens and the CBD. My commute was always fun.

The CBD is like a massive playground, its amazing how much there is to ride there.

Hey guys Im really keen to learn, anyone that stays in the east that i could hook up with to maybe impart some knowledge and skill?

The CBD is like a massive playground, its amazing how much there is to ride there.

Yeah, the are some cool transitions down Newtown way. Especially around Turbine Hall and the World of Beer. Hips, lips galore. Must join you guys there one day. Don't own a trials bike, but love (trying to) huck things on whatever I'm riding.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My bike is undergoing some surgery to make it as close to a trials bike as I can get! Longer stem with a rise, some thick tough wheels aswel with big ass rotors!

When you guys riding again?