How difficult is it to build up your own bike?

walkerr

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA! boet, this was in Dec last year already...... before he went into the bushes for 3 weeks.

So you haven't given him any or he drank it all by now?

If he drank it all by now, good on him, shame on you ... two cases wasn't enough! :lol:

It's easy... honestly. I'm a trained race mechanic and there is very little that you can do wrong. To be honest the more you do wrong the more you learn. Only really sticky bits are reaming bottom brackets, stuffing up headsets, bearings and building wheels.

Everything else is just tweaking and great fun. The secret is in the fine tuning, nailing the shifts 100%, finding the noises and getting a bike that is 100% & perfect rather than 90% & fricking annoying.

Much like everyone should kill their own food once, ever rider should build a bike once. It makes you tougher, cooler and like chuck norris of the pack. Others simper about the colour matching of their bar tape while you know the benefits of the lithium grease and know why the sworks next to you creaks every time the oke stand on the pedals.

So you haven't given him any or he drank it all by now?

If he drank it all by now, good on him, shame on you ... two cases wasn't enough! :lol:

Gave him two good bottles of red wine before he left....... obviously he finished it already :thumbup: