Routes in and around Cape Town

tunariaan

I will be in Cape Town for 2 days this week and i am planning to ride as much as possible

I will be staying on a farm in the Durbanville area

Can you guys please tell me what great to ride -we prefer the more technical routes and single track

Stellenbosch or Grabouw area would be great as well

Majic forest Welgemoed Jip de Jager road For free +- 10km a loop

Meerendal, outside Durbanville Visserhok road R 30 blue route 17km

one of the nicest trail rides for me is Jonkershoek in Stellenboch end of Jonkershoek road

http://irideafrica.com/trail-maps/

Edited by life enjoyer

dont forget the CWC track. it hosted the first leg of national XCO series. HOpefully the bloomingwell marked the route out well, and LEFT the markers there. It's an interesting track, nicely tech in places. it's round the corner from Majik. so if u hit up the one, do the other.

I second jonkershoek. awesome place to ride.

I trust you've ridden in Majik, Hillcrest, Meerendal area? If you're staying on a farm in durbanville, it's your backyard. Great rides all around the northern suburbs, and they are all well marked.

i wil be staying in a guest house in Durbanville-will be in CA for some business

Havent ridden any CA tracks but will be doing as much as possible in that 2 days that i have

right im off to ride tierkop-hope you gents have a great day

I trust you've ridden in Majik, Hillcrest, Meerendal area? If you're staying on a farm in durbanville, it's your backyard. Great rides all around the northern suburbs, and they are all well marked.

I found Contermanskloof a great ride, some nice single track. Try get to Oak Lane and Oak Valley if you can.