Gentleman's Sausage

BLACKvoodoo

But I'm not sore just numb and that's blood flow, or lack thereof

Fair enough, but I think its the same thing, perhaps just not used to the time in the saddle, reduced blood flow to any area will be noticeable in a very short time, we talk about noticing reduced blood flow anywhere in terms of minutes, not hours, restrict the blood flow marginally to your hand and in a few minutes you will notice a numb feeling, or a tingling sensation like pins and needles, free the blood supply and its gone in seconds, if its taking hours to become an issue, its likely to be something other than set up, which as I point out would show almost immediately.

When I had a cervical fusion my spine was very stiff, for months I had a sore neck, tingling fingers etc, I got plenty of the usual "set up issue " but as I loosened up again it went away and now its gone completely - it could also be a medical issue, totally unrelated to set up, - I am NOT saying its this or that Alex, just, that you need to look at all avenues, medical, giving your body sufficient time to adapt to something new, and then of course set up and hardware issues (like seats) - but I dont believe one can just shout "set up or seat / bars etc" for every issue as seems fairly prevalent here.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, but I think its the same thing, perhaps just not used to the time in the saddle, reduced blood flow to any area will be noticeable in a very short time, we talk about noticing reduced blood flow anywhere in terms of minutes, not hours, restrict the blood flow marginally to your hand and in a few minutes you will notice a numb feeling, or a tingling sensation like pins and needles, free the blood supply and its gone in seconds, if its taking hours to become an issue, its likely to be something other than set up, which as I point out would show almost immediately.

When I had a cervical fusion my spine was very stiff, for months I had a sore neck, tingling fingers etc, I got plenty of the usual "set up issue " but as I loosened up again it went away and now its gone completely - it could also be a medical issue, totally unrelated to set up, - I am NOT saying its this or that Alex, just, that you need to look at all avenues, medical, giving your body sufficient time to adapt to something new, and then of course set up and hardware issues (like seats) - but I dont believe one can just shout "set up or seat / bars etc" for every issue as seems fairly prevalent here.

I hear you , Thanks .

I will start a proses of elimination.

My family vegetables will aslo go numb if i stand on them. Btw, how do you manage to stand on your peddles, must me in a big vegetable sack :whistling:

I hear you , Thanks .

I will start a proses of elimination.

Yeah, let us know how it pans out. Could be beneficial to others as well.

Get a selle italia max flite gel flow.

They also have a new model with an even bigger cut out. Will increase bloodflow to your manly bits and prevent numbness

+1

Are they any good ? They look like a "Manta Ray"

I think they are but i do tri so maybe more helpful for me. I bough mine a few weeks ago and its been brilliant! it does take a little getting used to due to the large nose between your legs and the shorter length but once your 'sit' bones get used to it (a few rides) it works wonders. I would highly recommend! i was previously on a fizik arione and believe the ism is more comfortable. One problem is that a lot of saddle bags might not fit on them (the seat clip on types)! decent price as well - R1300 new

Save your jism with Ism? Ism marketing department, you can have that one on me.

Absolutely! my girlfriend is also a fan of the new seat! :thumbup:

I think they are but i do tri so maybe more helpful for me. I bough mine a few weeks ago and its been brilliant! it does take a little getting used to due to the large nose between your legs and the shorter length but once your 'sit' bones get used to it (a few rides) it works wonders. I would highly recommend! i was previously on a fizik arione and believe the ism is more comfortable. One problem is that a lot of saddle bags might not fit on them (the seat clip on types)! decent price as well - R1300 new

My wife is italian. I am used to this already...

I'm sorry but I have to disagree completely. In most cases reduced bloodflow CANNOT be "felt". Increased nerve pressure can be "felt" and this is the typical numbness associated with pressure. This is the fault many saddle users make - they don't properly distinguish between the separate issues of numbness (typically increased pressure on the nerves running through the symphysis) and restricted blood flow (often present but very difficult to isolate through "feeling"). So it is possible to have numbness but no restriction in bloodflow, or lack of numbness but quite severe restriction in bloodflow. And it takes a little more than guesswork or "personal experience" to establish this. Anyone who has participared in penile blood flow testing with bicycle saddles will tell you this. The results are scary, to say the least.

So in the interests of not causing more harm through well-meant but incorrect advice, rather see an experienced bike fitter or get yourself measured and then begin the shop with an appropriately sized saddle. Everyone has a different ischium/ramus shape so some trial may be necessary. But with no results guaranteed on the bloodflow issue .....

Also ask men who bike a lot and suffer from chronic prostatitis how bike setup is able to resolve many of their issues. Or trawl for the studies on erectile disfunction and bicycles.

My family vegetables will aslo go numb if i stand on them. Btw, how do you manage to stand on your peddles, must me in a big vegetable sack :whistling:

:eek:

Whats the technical term for peddling while you stand?

I've attached pic of the last girl when I had the fitment done on my old bike.

No that's not me in the pic :oops:

post-24958-0-01057500-1328005717.jpg

Edited by BLACKvoodoo

:eek:

Whats the technical term for peddling while you stand?

I've attached pic of the last girl when I had the fitment done on my old bike.

No that's not me in the pic :oops:

I would suggest getting laid more often if that was you in the picture :whistling:

I would suggest getting laid more often if that was you in the picture :whistling:

No Cearus " getting laid more often" is NOT the technical term for peddling standing up. :whistling: