advice asked on front forks

nickelass

Asking the all mountain downhillers out there.

I am currently using fox talas 160mm forks 2007.

They work well for about three weeks after adding oil to the lowers,the oil is leaking out,thou its not apparant where,I suspect the seals,as the stansions are worn.

I am considering replacing them.

After a little research,Iam thinking of rockshock 160mm lyrik coil, as I think they are most suited to my needs.

I am riding a morewood mbuzi,my riding style is uphill and down, more leaning to the down ,small jumps ,swichbacks,up and down,intermediate riding more.

I am not that conserned with weight,more with performance,being the main objective,and less serviceing.

I considered coil over air for this reason,

Anyone out there able to offer advice based on their experience,anyone using lyrik please advise me if this is a good choice?thanks

Howdy.....

Your in luck :-) I had a Mbuzi, 36 Talas, 36 Vanilla and currently a 170mm Lyric coil

Converted my Talas to a Vanilla - HUGE difference - I am currrently riding a 170mm Lyrik coil and it feels ok - guess it is still bedding in? To be honest i prefer the 36 but must still give the Lyric some time..... I would say get another 36 and that way you can keep the old one for spares

anyway don't think you can go wrong with any of those.....

thanks for your advice,unfortunately,my talas are in such bad condition,I am reluctant to throw money at them.I considered the lyrik coil,more because of being cheaper than the fox,also Iseem to get by without the travel adjust,I was hoping the lyrik do not run through travel ,so more dh.

The reviews I have read advise coil as being better than the air,in this regard,could there be something better than the lyrik? Reluctant to go more than R6.500.

Help apprieciated!