Optimum Berge en Dale Classic 2012

mtbgirlz

EL @ 6h51 is that last???

I belief the groups will go down to HL . . . and then she short route ( me thinks . . . )

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EL @ 6h51 is that last???

I belief the groups will go down to HL . . . and then she short route ( me thinks . . . )

If you not a climber stay away.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure why people have this sentiment toward this race.

I'm not a climber at all. In fact I got dropped like Naas Botha's rugby ball heading out of Heidelberg this past Sunday, in a race that is as flat as they come, but I got 14th place in B bunch in last year's B&G...

B&G has 990m of elevation gain compared to 1250m for 94.7 and 1230m for Argus.

It's a lekker race and the perfect place to check if you're Argus ready.

Just do it. :thumbup:

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but how on earth do the organizers think that any normal working person, staying more that 5km from the registration points, will be able to collect their numbers on a Thursday and Friday between 9 an 4! seriously! and then if you are a registered cyclist you will get grieve if you try and register on race day!

early start for the guys out east :huh:

Payback from the guys out west? ;)

Anybody knows what time the 55km batches start? Might do a late entry if these start somewhat latish ...

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but how on earth do the organizers think that any normal working person, staying more that 5km from the registration points, will be able to collect their numbers on a Thursday and Friday between 9 an 4! seriously! and then if you are a registered cyclist you will get grieve if you try and register on race day!

I agree, would have thought by now all organizers will have a better solution for number collection. I stay in Pretoria and have to drive to JHB the day before to collect numbers and then again the next day. Add these hidden costs to the race entry fee and it becomes ridiculously expensive.

Payback time allright - I live in the Cradle and have been travelling all over the world for the past three weeks to get to races (and will again be travelling next weekend). Thank goodness this one won't mean me having to wake up before the sparrows fart ...

Anybody knows what time the 55km batches start? Might do a late entry if these start somewhat latish ...

I'm in BM @ 7:49, so starting from 7:45 I assume. Not sure how many groups there are

early start for the guys out east :huh:

Skip it and stay in bed like me :lol:

I love the early year races, Emperors, R4S and Carnival all on my doorstep :D

I'm not sure why people have this sentiment toward this race.

I'm not a climber at all. In fact I got dropped like Naas Botha's rugby ball heading out of Heidelberg this past Sunday,

+1

Fortunately the R28 out and back was cut from the route. Years ago we had a nice fight on the tandem 20km out.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but how on earth do the organizers think that any normal working person, staying more that 5km from the registration points, will be able to collect their numbers on a Thursday ..

+1

The CSA aunties are at the venues from early, one can man the no. collection while sipping her coffee. Lucky for us we're in the open groups and they do allow collection for us.

Ok so I finished! Last 15kms are the worst compounded by the fact that it is not a 97km race, my Garmin registered 101.5 :-(

It's tough but do-able

Started in AL . . .

3 or 4 okes went down before we even started and I had to fight up hillsnacks only not the get to the front bunch down the other side. It was a lekker fast downhill at sterkfontein . I went through a bump and seat post slided down in frame. we formed a small chase group and we/they worked well toghther. ( I went to the front a few times to do my part but almost sitting on the ground some VO riders said its fine if I stay at the back) I sat at the back up to 54 km where I atlast got some assistance and got my seat sorted.Had a good rest up to that stage sitting at the back. We fixed the seat in record time only to see the small bunch 500m up the road. I got my head down and by the time we turned at Maropeng the gap was 150 odd meters. I just couldn't catch them . . .

I finnaly cought up to this group when they joined a group of VC riders at +- 75km in the cradle. By this time I was hanging on for everything I'm worth. I managed to stay with this smallish group to the finish and managed a 2h45. All and all pleaed with the result. Average heart rate was an amazing 94% (usually 86%)

My knees and lower back is "broken" today.

Thank you to the okes in the small bunch giving me the okay to sit at the back

Thank you to the Ladies in the H1 van assisting me to get my seat sorted (yes Ladies came to my resque)

Thank you to the Volvo V60 and Rosendal truck on downhill towards sterkfontein road. :blush: