Tokai: DH build day (Sun 19th FEB 2012 - 9am to end)

(Deon)

Tokai DH build day on DH3 (lower pine-cleared track)

This is a quite a critical build day, anyone who plans on riding this trail is encouraged to assist in getting the trail up to spec. We will be filling in, building up and digging out.

The trail is up for review so the more people joining in will help ensure its continued use.

Details:

Tokai parking, Sunday 19th Feb 9 am - 4pm

Bring; spade, rake, wheelbarrow if you can (please mark your tools) and Lunch NB!

If you can't make it by 9 am for the shuttle, it is fortunately not far to walk, but if you have tools it will be easier to get a lift.

Post if you want to help..

Deon

AMA TokaiMTB

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one dude ... good luck with the build - hope you have a good turn out of guys

Oi, Hicks, thanks man. I am just hoping everyone is hard at work and have no time to browse the Hub, coz replies, they are slooow.

;)

no dude ... thats cus its a "build day" ... one of the other Dh guys here in KZN came up with the idea of "Donations" from riders at the races ... I asked everyone at the last race that if they would like to we would be accepting "donations" of any amount to go towards trail building and upkeep.

I raised enough that one day to open 2 tracks ... and am using the cash to pay labour to build a new track too ... Its worth a shot from all the guys who ride tokai - then you dont have to rely on okes who dont pitch ... just hire labour!

They would happily donate, trouble is this stretch of track is still undecided in terms of acceptance. Would hate guys donating to a track hanging in the balance. Then again, if guys don't volunteer, fate is automatically decided.

Someone has already donated use of one of these.. post-13110-0-87805700-1329208335.jpg

ive been gifted one of these to use for the duration of the world cup build by one of the Dh guys too

http://www.ted-kyte.com/3D/Pictures/Bobcat%20S330-Track%201.jpg

Deon, there has been a positive response on FB, so we will see quite a few people there, including myself.

:thumbup: a bit small, but looks can kill! :clap:

hahaha - no i have a BIG one! its a machine!!! has built most of the new stuff on the track!

Good to know.. thanks

Deon, there has been a positive response on FB, so we will see quite a few people there, including myself.

Got the Hurricanes in this week end so no riding for me :(

PoS which is DH3?

Willing to donate some $$$ if you can use it to get some help :thumbup:

hahaha - no i have a BIG one! its a machine!!! has built most of the new stuff on the track!

Ha ha, just..

post-13110-0-20031100-1329210910.jpg

Really, the personal info was not needed..

Edited by Pain or Shine

hahahahhaa you see as soon as you put up pics of bobcats the guys say they'll be there cus they then dont have to do too much work! ... hahahaha

Got the Hurricanes in this week end so no riding for me :(

PoS which is DH3?

Willing to donate some $$$ if you can use it to get some help :thumbup:

Ja, leet, that would be the one after DH2.. serious. ;)

Open pine-cleared section running parallel to the main jeeptrack (on Vasbyt).

Money?? Hmmmm, money.

There like a bear. I know that a lot of the dh guys are coming through. Gonna be a big build I reckon. What is the plan? How are we gonna link the new section just built to the quarry?