Argus parking nightmare

CatGirl

And here's another idea... Use the train if you can. It's another bit of fun 'cos lots of people with bikes invade the system. And it's a doddle back to the station from Greenpoint. You can get train times and tickets at the Expo.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Park in Camps bay real early, ride though to start, that way you get a warm up. After you piddle back to Camps bay, plonk your tender ass at one of the bayside cafe's and watch the talent pass by!

Really good way to spend a Sunday!

What time do you guys get to your chutes? Last year I was 30 min early and was at back of G. What time do you reckon should be there before start?

Problem is that get lift with people that start at 7:20 and they dont see the point of rushing.

We were there around 5am last year and I started in E - I think it was just over an hour before I was scheduled to start.

Guest Frail4Life

You Need 1 Hour to 45min before your Start. Otherwise YOU May miss Your Chute!

Parking available 1km from Finnish OR 1.5 From Start. Follow me on My other Thread. ' Cycling Argus for an Old Age Home'.

Where is the best drop off spot? I was thinking somewhere around the Waterfront.

I am starting 9h16, so I hope to be around the starting area at 8h30. Wife and kids will drop me off and pick me up later the afternoon.

Honestly outside of town I.e. salt river, Woodstock, gardens, all of these areas are 1-3km from the start, waterfront as a drop off is a no go, you'll be stuck on the N1 for at least 30mins.

Guest Frail4Life

is the CTICC parking not open?

Parking by my Office will Be CHEAPER!

Parking at VNA in the Breakwater undercover section is reasonably priced. Went to watch soccer at stadium past weekend for almost 4 hrs and only cost R15. There is an open air section next to marque at Breakwater for only R10 irrespective of time as far as I know.

Just remember guys that the No Parking rule on event days around stadium may be enforced by Metro Police. Can anyone confirm this maybe.

Parking by my Office will Be CHEAPER!

Parking at my office is free ........................ for me and accomdation :whistling:

Guest Frail4Life

Parking at my office is free ........................ for me and accomdation :whistling:

Ja!

But mine is Going towards Charity.

I see the CTICC is having parking on Argus day for R30 all day long. Right next to start. Not bad.

Guest Frail4Life

I see the CTICC is having parking on Argus day for R30 all day long. Right next to start. Not bad.

But i am Next to the Finnish with Easy Exits and Cheaper!