Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - Currie Cup action this weekend: On current form it could be -

Sharks to win with a bonus point, and Bulls to either come within 7 or score 4 tries

Freestate to win with no bonus point, Griquas to make it a close scrap and get within 7

Lions to narrowly beat Province (Province surely cannot go through unbeaten as they have not been playing like a side that have not yet lost a game in the compitition)

That would put the Sharks on 33

Province on 29

Lions on 26 (or 25)

Cheetahs on 21

Bulls on (17 or 16)

Griquas on (11 or 10)

The bonus point will be crucial for both the Cheetahs and the Bulls and if the Bulls can win against an in-form Sharks side it would make their job much easier next week against a fired up Cheetahs side. The Cheetahs may only need to secure a bonus point from somewhere next week to close down the semi final spots.

OK - Currie Cup action this weekend: On current form it could be -

Sharks to win with a bonus point, and Bulls to either come within 7 or score 4 tries

Freestate to win with no bonus point, Griquas to make it a close scrap and get within 7

Lions to narrowly beat Province (Province surely cannot go through unbeaten as they have not been playing like a side that have not yet lost a game in the compitition)

That would put the Sharks on 33

Province on 29

Lions on 26 (or 25)

Cheetahs on 21

Bulls on (17 or 16)

Griquas on (11 or 10)

The bonus point will be crucial for both the Cheetahs and the Bulls and if the Bulls can win against an in-form Sharks side it would make their job much easier next week against a fired up Cheetahs side. The Cheetahs may only need to secure a bonus point from somewhere next week to close down the semi final spots.

The Blue Bulls may have a good game if the ref does not cheat.

Sharks managing to win despite the ref...Nice and tight game!

Indeed, although the ref made some marginal decisions that were wrong both ways. Most obvious being the last penalty against the Bulls that cost them the game. Suites me though as my Cheetahs are under pressure for 4th position on the log. Hopefully no slip-up agaist the Griquas on Saturday.

I don't care much about the Rugby Championship title, but beating the All Blacks at Ellis Park is a must. Let's win the battle and not get too stuck on the war...

Should biased commentators be allowed. I do not think so.

....... And Daniel is starting to speak Afrikaans!!!!!

Couldn't agree more. If I had been watching last nights game blindfolded and only listened to the commentators, I would have thought that the Bulls were hammering the Sharks. Warren Brosnihan has never been the same since he was deemed superfluous to the Sharks needs all those years ago.