Rugby...

'Dale

Isnt there a saying that goes...... The best coach stands on the shore.

Armchair critics that only dream of being a coach.

I understand what you are saying Oom but i don't think that this was your thought process when Snor was coach

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think Superman McCaw is getting 6 months off.

Was at a breakfast this morning where Schalk Burger, Bismark du Plessis and Frans Steyn all spoke.

They mentioned this was a major issue and SA Rugby are looking at a different system where the top players can get more time off like the All Blacks.

The three of them were adamant that HM is the best coach they have worked with so far and convinced that he is going to take the team to great things.

Schalk says he still has a headache after the WP celebrations - when the Sharks were 12 - 3 up he thought it was all over.

He still does not have a Curry Cup medal.

Schalk The Hulk no CC medal - bizarre!

plus all the jokes came out about the dust cloud over Cape Town etc.

Schalk and Frans fit to play in January, Bismark only can start in April.

BTW all of them also agree they have never trained harder under a coach than under HM.

None of them happy about what has happened to the Lions in Super 15.

Frans Steyn happy that he signed for the Sharks, he almost accepted an offer from the Lions.

Frans Steyn happy that he signed for the Sharks, he almost accepted an offer from the Lions.

What was he thinking? He should have accepted the Lions offer. Then he could have played for the Stormers next year wink.png

What was he thinking? He should have accepted the Lions offer. Then he could have played for the Stormers next year wink.png

He isn't 19 anymore, he can't wait another 12 years for the next trophy :)

Was at a breakfast this morning where Schalk Burger, Bismark du Plessis and Frans Steyn all spoke.

They mentioned this was a major issue and SA Rugby are looking at a different system where the top players can get more time off like the All Blacks.

The three of them were adamant that HM is the best coach they have worked with so far and convinced that he is going to take the team to great things.

Schalk says he still has a headache after the WP celebrations - when the Sharks were 12 - 3 up he thought it was all over.

He still does not have a Curry Cup medal.

what did they say on the flyhalf position, in other words did they agree when the tenth person asked them how morne steyn gets to play there during his dip in form?

He isn't 19 anymore, he can't wait another 12 years for the next trophy smile.png

thumbdown.gif

Asof die Sharks (ook) 'n Super Rugby finaal kan wen en hy sou terug gewees het by die Lions vir die Currie Cup.

He isn't 19 anymore, he can't wait another 12 years for the next trophy http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

if that was the case he wouldn't have signed with the sharks in the first place! no super rugby trophy for him yet, he kicked it away in 2008

if that was the case he wouldn't have signed with the sharks in the first place! no super rugby trophy for him yet, he kicked it away in 2008

Now THAT thing broke my heart. Losing to better side on the day like in the last 2 Currie Cup finals, you just got to take on the chin, but that Super 14 final will burn forever in the hearts of Sharks everywhere.

what did they say on the flyhalf position, in other words did they agree when the tenth person asked them how morne steyn gets to play there during his dip in form?

Brace yourselves boys, watch Morne start at ten next week, with Pat and Elton on the bench. Eish.

He isn't 19 anymore, he can't wait another 12 years for the next trophy :)

Whoo-hooh!!!

:-D

After a frustrating time with the boks Pat Lambie and Juan de Jongh went back to Currie Cup with a point to prove and performed. Morne Steyn went back to Currie Cup and got so frustrated with himself he earned a suspension.

If Morne Steyn and Taute get picked ahead of Lambie / Elton and Gangnam de Jongh my enthusiasm for the Springsboks will be very low.

Interesting - they asked Frans which position he likes most and would like to make his and he said no 15 - to which Ian Mac ( also a selector ) said he wants to see Frans at 15, which would free up Lambie and brings up the Lambie/Morne no 10 debate. They did not say to much about Morne Steyn, they did all agree he was going through a bad patch but not to much concrete was said on what will happen next game. I get the idea HM will have the final say on that.

Edited by nickc

Brace yourselves boys, watch Morne start at ten next week, with Pat and Elton on the bench. Eish.

I'm a lover, not a fighter...

But that gets my green blood boilin'.

:-/

Schalk says he likes and is happy with either 6, 7 or 8.

Bismark says nothing else but Hooker.