Midmar Notts Rider Down

Warden

There was a serious accident at Midmar Notts race yesterday. The race was cancelled as a result of a rider hitting a taxi. I don't know what happened, just saw the damage. ER24 was on the scene. Does anyone know how he is doing ? Another very sad day for road riding.

Last i heard was a couple of broken bones (hand etc), dislocated knee cap. Supposedly got away very lightly - could have been a lot worse. Only heard via the grape vine thus far, will update if I hear anything more definite.

From Mr Price Cycle Club on FB... " was in theatre last night...although uncomfortable, he is doing well...."

There was a serious accident at Midmar Notts race yesterday. The race was cancelled as a result of a rider hitting a taxi. I don't know what happened, just saw the damage. ER24 was on the scene. Does anyone know how he is doing ? Another very sad day for road riding.

My son was riding in the same bunch, just to his left. It appears he touched wheels with the rider in front of him and this caused him to swerve to his right. Unfortunately the taxi was was right there and had no way to avoid the cyclist. No blame can really be placed on anyone, just an unfortunate accident that shows the danger of racing on open roads.

Accident happened just behind me... we were travelling around a left hand corner. Taxi wasn't really doing anything untoward, perhaps a little tight on the white line, but shouldn't have been a problem... next thing... Actually thought two cars had collided! Couldn't believe it was a bike and car! Great news the gent is OK, didn't look good at the time at all.

Eish - hope he recovers soon and he gets back on his bike asap. So the race was cancelled? Did they tell riders to go back to Midmar dam?

Hi Guys

Went to visit Trevor yesterday in ICU yesterday.He is doing well. Broken wrist,elbow and a knee that was dislocated. They are keeping him in ICU just to ensure that he has no internal swelling putting pressure on his heart and lungs. He should be transfered to general ward today.The doctores have fixed his wrist but still need to operate on his elbow but need the swelling to go down. It is a absalute miracle that he is alive! I saw the damage to the Taxi and could not believe he survived. All his cyccling friends are very shaken at the moment.

Trevor is a tuff cookie and he is hoping to be back on his bike in 6 weeks!! He thretened to join us this morning for a coffee ride!! He will be back...u can count on that!!!!!!!!!!