Bad add on supersport

chucky

Just seen a add on supersport advertizing safe cycling,there is a young girl riding her bike without a helmet,come on guys.

Rule one,wear a helmet,also it's a law.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen a add on supersport advertizing safe cycling,there is a young girl riding her bike without a helmet,come on guys.

I stand to be corrected, but as far as I know it is legal to ride without a helmet in SA.

Its the same as the OMO/Surf ad where the kid riding the Specialized builds his granny a sidecar to join his ride, no helmet.

I stand to be corrected, but as far as I know it is legal to ride without a helmet in SA.

Its the same as the OMO/Surf ad where the kid riding the Specialized builds his granny a sidecar to join his ride, no helmet.

I thought it was law,we can find out,the differnce between 2 adds is ones for a washing powder the other safe cycling.

So do you condon riding without a helmet,I don't end of story.

This one?

I'd say the "please be careful" at the end is a polite and non-intrusive, non-instructive way to point out the dangers out on the road, especially with the myriad of pictures of cyclists wearing helmets in the middle of the ad.

Ads cannot always depict the ideal and Utopia...

In October 2004, regulation 207(2) of the National Road Traffic Regulation became effective after being passed three years earlier.

The regulation orders the compulsory wearing of a protective helmet that is properly fastened and fitted while riding a bicycle or being carried as a passenger.

+1 :thumbup:

at least there is an ad promoting cycling safety for starters!

I think it is also a hard fact, there are a lot of commuters who do commute without a helmet

I thought it was law,we can find out,the differnce between 2 adds is ones for a washing powder the other safe cycling.

So do you condon riding without a helmet,I don't end of story.

I think it should be a personal choice. Certain instances I won't, most of the time I will.

In October 2004, regulation 207(2) of the National Road Traffic Regulation became effective after being passed three years earlier.

The regulation orders the compulsory wearing of a protective helmet that is properly fastened and fitted while riding a bicycle or being carried as a passenger.

I'm now standing corrected :whistling:

Dude what planet you from. the Ad promotes safe cycling AND WEARING A HELMUT DUH!!

Watch it again and see the message, this could be you if you don't wear a helmut! Dead! See them pulling the sheet thingy over the camera???

Dude what planet you from. the Ad promotes safe cycling AND WEARING A HELMUT DUH!!

Watch it again and see the message, this could be you if you don't wear a helmut! Dead! See them pulling the sheet thingy over the camera???

Good point :thumbup:

I Think the aim of this ad is to promote safe cycling in general not one specific aspect. Even if her saddle is too low!!

Except you see her riding after the "could have" been bit not wearing a helmet....