Avid elixir 9- 2012's.

Neg

just a quick question, are you having any problems with your brakes? i have the same and thus far have been very dissapointed :thumbdown:

Why?

I was replying to GianTjop's post. Which, if you look carefully, is directly before mine...

Bleeding obviously won't fix the OP's problem of incompatible levers/shifters....

No, my brakes work well, they really grip, hold and stop me really quickly. so far they are on par with the DH brakes i had on my DH Bike.

its just i would have liked them closer together... but i'm trying the one finger thing and so far... i have not come off my bike yet... :):)

just a quick question, are you having any problems with your brakes? i have the same and thus far have been very dissapointed :thumbdown:

Two of my buddies have those brakes on their Scott 29er Pro's. If they see rain, the pads are gone! There seems to be an issue with pad clearance. And they are very noisy.

I have the 2012 Elexir 7's on my Giant. They seemed OK, till I swapped bikes with someone who had the M775 XT's on. What a difference. The Xt's have far beter modulation and less effort is needed to get the same result. I immediately installed my old Xt's from a bike i wanted to sell.

Two of my buddies have those brakes on their Scott 29er Pro's. If they see rain, the pads are gone! There seems to be an issue with pad clearance. And they are very noisy.

I have the 2012 Elexir 7's on my Giant. They seemed OK, till I swapped bikes with someone who had the M775 XT's on. What a difference. The Xt's have far beter modulation and less effort is needed to get the same result. I immediately installed my old Xt's from a bike i wanted to sell.

tombraider: careful with labelling the whole brakeset rubbish just based on pads:

Firstly, what type of pads, because resin/organic pads get thoroughly trashed in wet muddy conditions. That goes for any brand of brake. Metal sintered pads hold up a lot better under all conditions.

Secondly, are your buddies brake-drag heroes? I'll hazard: more than likely.

No, my brakes work well, they really grip, hold and stop me really quickly. so far they are on par with the DH brakes i had on my DH Bike.

its just i would have liked them closer together... but i'm trying the one finger thing and so far... i have not come off my bike yet... :):)

Yeah, my elixir 5's on my dh bike are superb. And if they stop me, they'll stop anyone!

apparently, they not powerful enough to stop you hitting the Post button thrice!!!!! oh wait, u were probably modulating/feathering those E.5 anchors :P