Cyclingpeaks question

Jason

A question for the guru's... Something I can't figure out why?

Why would it say that the duration, my ride time is 6h 39m 34 secs and then in brackets 9h 39m 34 secs? I first of all thought it was including the stop times but there is no ways I breaked for 3 hours! The ride had 2 punctures which is most probably a maximum of 10 minutes stopping and then we also stopped twice to top up our water bottles, I would say 10 maybe 15 minutes max... where or what time is this? I reset my computer before every ride so it's not another session its calculating. Anyone know why? 6h 39m is correct cause my polar recorded the same time.

20080101_014209_Why.JPG

Thanks Thumbs%20Up

Jason2008-01-01 01:52:19

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked my recent rides and the time in brackets is the time

including stops. Obviously yours can't be right. I always clear as I start

pedaling because in the past I've had some funnies with the time when

there has been a previous workout on the CPU.

Why is there no Work' date=' TSS, NP and VI data? [/quote']

No, that part is easy to understand! Wink
Lemme guess - using it without the hub? Never done that myself.

Ah Windbreaker - my suggestion is way simpler ... I think he just edited it out, at the same time he lined his 'problem area' in red.

But lets take a guess .. think his TSS is around 400/420?

not sure about other power meters, but on the Ergomo you need to reset the trip before the ride or it can think you are on one very long ride with a big break.

Did you perhaps activate the power meter before or after the ride ? You should be able to see this on the chart of the ride- it will show you where CP thinks the break is.

Out of interest, pls post your power info!

It's exactly 3 hours difference (down to hundredths of a second).

This makes me think it must be something in the software/unit, rather than some kind of stationary or rest calculation.

It is very unlikely (but not impossible) to get that kind of exact figure in any physically measured value.

Jason,

In the CP file, what is the overall duration of the data? It is possible that you spun the wheel with the CPU on a few hours after your ride and there are a few samples in the file 3 hours later.

Why is there no Work' date=' TSS, NP and VI data? [/quote']

I edited it out Tongue, I'm currently as bruce would say using the k@k-O-meter, so I don't want to share how k@k I am with the rest of the world Embarrassed.

6h39min!!!!  Are you bragging??????Wink
LOL I hacked the file... so Cruxie thinks I'm riding loooong but actually I'm playing XBox... Just don't tell him Big%20smile besides if I wanted to brag I would of put in my power stats Evil%20SmileConfusedLOLWinkTongue

Jason' date='

In the CP file, what is the overall duration of the data? It is possible that you spun the wheel with the CPU on a few hours after your ride and there are a few samples in the file 3 hours later.
[/quote'] bruce, I only mount my comp before I go ride and as soon as I get back I take the comp off and download the data... So no looong stops and the comp is only on the bike when I ride...
Jason2008-01-01 13:11:17

Guest Michelle

20080101_130131_power.JPG

As you can see it's pretty spread out... apparently the breaks are longer than what Jason remembers... at 40 minutes he stopped at IanJ's house, but for no longer than 10 minutes... according to the file it's more like 30 minutes Confused

Damm, it's that time warp at my place again  Cool.

But that doesn't explain the one at Magaliesburg Ouch.

if it helps at all the time I recorded for the Magaliesburg stop was 10min 15s.

Yours seems to be over 30min, the actual time into the ride is correct as I have from my house so it seems that your device is incorrectly calculating stopped time.

IanJ2008-01-01 13:55:04

if it helps at all the time I recorded for the Magaliesburg stop was 10min 15s.

Yours seems to be over 30min' date=' the actual time into the ride is correct as I have from my house so it seems that your device is incorrectly calculating stopped time.

[/quote'] Thanks IanJ.

This morning again... Rode for 2h 16m 10 secs on Polar, 2h 15m 57 secs on PT and then in brackets 2h 19m... Didn't stop at all so where the hell is the extra 3 minutes? I did stop for a wizz but that was a minute Embarrassed and I stopped the Polar and the PT stops autmatic when I did this.