Free Tools - what would you choose?

Caerus

Nee sies man spoeg uit! Nothing can be worse than that GRIP crap lol

LOL... Yeah, but that's just my experience. I know GRIP is k4k. But at the moment, so is Stanley. It's really sad that it's gone that way, 'cos STANLEY used to be fantastic...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL... Yeah, but that's just my experience. I know GRIP is k4k. But at the moment, so is Stanley. It's really sad that it's gone that way, 'cos STANLEY used to be fantastic...

I inherited all my Uncles old tools, and there is some Stanley stuff in there that is most probably older then me :whistling: , there are some really old school wood working tools as he was a carpenter. Need to be cleaned up, thats a project all by itself.

Vernier Caliper

Pipe Cutter

Level Gauge

Set square

Plumb Bob

Drill Press

Bench Grinder

Wood Vice

Metal Vice

Set of metal files

This is assuming you have a proper workbench that can take the above :-)

Vernier Caliper - Got 2

Pipe Cutter - Good Idea

Level Gauge - Good Idea

Set square - Got

Plumb Bob - Good Idea

Drill Press - Maybe pushing it

Bench Grinder - Maybe pushing it

Wood Vice - Got

Metal Vice - Good Idea

ot

Set of metal files

This is assuming you have a proper workbench that can take the above :-)

Tools have been selected, lets see what Santa brings me :clap: He did not have the full brochure as they still getting printed, but they do anything & pretty much everything.

The brands are, Stanley, Irwin, Marshal Tools, Black & Decker to name a few.

Any contractors, builders, Large Orginisations etc that need tools & equipment please PM me - Help a Hubber.

Edited by Caerus

Can't go wrong with a 1/4" 2-25Nm torque wrench, a set of 1/4' sockets (3/8' will also do) with the torx and allen bits, good screw drivers (that don't chip or break...) and a proper set of long reach ball allen keys. I hope you chose well.......

Can't go wrong with a 1/4" 2-25Nm torque wrench, a set of 1/4' sockets (3/8' will also do) with the torx and allen bits, good screw drivers (that don't chip or break...) and a proper set of long reach ball allen keys. I hope you chose well.......

I have chosen very well :whistling: Irwin Chisel set, metal swiveling vice, Full 218 piece Irwin ratchet socket set, long reach T allen ket set, torque wrench I've added in, +++++ The stuff he has been given for home use is sick, he has now got more tools then a builders warehouse for his personal use :eek:

I have chosen very well :whistling: Irwin Chisel set, metal swiveling vice, Full 218 piece Irwin ratchet socket set, long reach T allen ket set, torque wrench I've added in, +++++ The stuff he has been given for home use is sick, he has now got more tools then a builders warehouse for his personal use :eek:

Is he willing to sell torque wrenches?

Is he willing to sell torque wrenches?

They will be/ are, they were just not in this particular brochure. I can get back to you :thumbup:

We purchased a fancy Black and Decker Dust Buster recently and got a Spirit Level with as a gift. The B&D spirit level has clingy Gecko Feet pads on it. Workx really cool one handed. It also has two moveable "X-marks the spot" guages to accurately position holes. Quite a cool thingie.

I prefer Ryobi Powertools. They are cheep and cheerfull, easy for DIY and easy to replace..... will not use them for extensive workshop use but for the occasional DIY potterer like me they are well suited.

We purchased a fancy Black and Decker Dust Buster recently and got a Spirit Level with as a gift. The B&D spirit level has clingy Gecko Feet pads on it. Workx really cool one handed. It also has two moveable "X-marks the spot" guages to accurately position holes. Quite a cool thingie.

I prefer Ryobi Powertools. They are cheep and cheerfull, easy for DIY and easy to replace..... will not use them for extensive workshop use but for the occasional DIY potterer like me they are well suited.

Best range of tools I've ever had the pleasure of using are Festool. Beautifully made and work like a dream, more for tradesmen then DIY, but one day I will have them. The cost a fortune, but are certainly worth it.

You bastid. I'd give my entire ballsack to have an Irwin toolset. They really, really are the mutt's nuts.

Ryobi commercial stuff is fantastic. If you're looking at getting is for a cut-down price, there is the HOMELITE stuff (AEG / MILWAUKEE / Ryobi commercial re-branded stuff) that is made by the same guys who own the abovementioned tool-makers. You can get it from Checkers Hyper... Also, TORQ is re-branded Ryobi Home DIY stuff. So, if you're on a budget (and it's for LIGHT use) that's a way of saving some tom.

Best range of tools I've ever had the pleasure of using are Festool. Beautifully made and work like a dream, more for tradesmen then DIY, but one day I will have them. The cost a fortune, but are certainly worth it.

OOOOOH. Festool. Drool.

I have my eyes on my dad's combination workshop. It's an old 50's / 60's SHOPSMITH set. He got it for R 500 off Gumtree in durbs. Just needed a new blade for the saw, a lick of paint and a new switch. The price of one of those new is over $ 5,000.00

You bastid. I'd give my entire ballsack to have an Irwin toolset. They really, really are the mutt's nuts.

Ryobi commercial stuff is fantastic. If you're looking at getting is for a cut-down price, there is the HOMELITE stuff (AEG / MILWAUKEE / Ryobi commercial re-branded stuff) that is made by the same guys who own the abovementioned tool-makers. You can get it from Checkers Hyper... Also, TORQ is re-branded Ryobi Home DIY stuff. So, if you're on a budget (and it's for LIGHT use) that's a way of saving some tom.

OOOOOH. Festool. Drool.

I have my eyes on my dad's combination workshop. It's an old 50's / 60's SHOPSMITH set. He got it for R 500 off Gumtree in durbs. Just needed a new blade for the saw, a lick of paint and a new switch. The price of one of those new is over $ 5,000.00

The guys I worked with in the UK all had Festool Tools, man it was a privilege to be using tools of that caliber. A hand router used to go for about 750 pounds, the cordless drills are the bees knees too, all of it superb quality.

I'll never forget when they all laughed at me with my Black & Decker DIY cordless drill for site instillations. Needless to say I had to upgrade :blush:

Edited by Caerus

Thermic Lance ... there's a bank across the street from me .... ;)

For that I would use a mobile waterjet cutter, no chance of burning the money.